Chapter Two.

When Mark woke up, everything felt the same.

He sat up, stretched, and scratched the back of his neck.

He looked around.

And froze.

Jack was.. Floating. Near the door. On his back, with his hands behind his head and his eyes closed.

Mark screamed.

Jack's eyes shot open wide and he fell to the floor with a bump, before standing up, obviously startled.

Mark instantly grabbed a pillow off his bed and threw it at Jack. It passed straight through him and just hit the wall.

"The fuck are you still doing here? How did you get into my room!" Mark yelled.

Jack sighed and rubbed his forehead. He seemed unfazed.

"Mark, I told you. I can't move on until I've completed the 'unfinished business' bullshit." He sounded annoyed.

"And look," he continued, and stuck his arm through the wall.

"I'm a ghost. Just wandering around your house got boring, so." He shrugged.

"So what? You decided to come and watch me sleep?" Mark glared at Jack.

Jack laughed. "Oh please. Don't flatter yourself." He said and folded his arms.

Mark got out of the bed and went over to Jack. It felt cold to stand near him, but he blocked it out. "Get out." He said quietly. "Get out of my fucking head. You are not Jack. You're just a vision my mind conjured up to torture me. You're not real."

Jack had no reaction. This only seemed to annoy Mark. He stepped through Jack and went through the door, slamming it behind him. Mark felt a chill run through him, but he told himself it was only his mind playing tricks on him.

Jack literally stepped through the door and followed Mark. "You know I can't leave, right?"

Mark ignored him.

"I mean sure, I could leave the house, walk down the street, go anywhere. But soon enough I would just get pulled back to you. Whether you like it or not, you're stuck with me." He said and floated down the stairs, through Mark. He shuddered.

"So. Suck it up or block it out. Either way, I'll still be here."

Mark just looked at him for a moment. He sighed and walked down the stairs.

"Fine." He said bluntly.

"But don't expect me to like it."

He walked in to the living room and flopped down on the sofa. Jack followed him and laughed.

"Wow, edgy.." He said. He had a grin on his face. Mark glared up at him.

"Okay, okay. I get it." Jack said. "It'll take some getting used to." He shrugged.

There was silence.

"Just think of it like it's this wacky sitcom where I'm your goofy ghost room mate and you're my begrudging grumpy friend. It'll be fine."

Mark still said nothing.

"Hey.." Jack said softly and put his hand near Marks shoulder. It felt cold. "We'll get through this, yeah? We're gonna find out why I'm still here.."

There was silence for another moment, before Mark sighed softly.

"Yeah.." He said quietly.

~A/N~

oh man this wasn't worth the wait lmao. i just wanted to update finally I guess?? idk. i think i missed this one.

anyway see u all later

~robin