12

Chapter 12 - Mel to the rescue

。・:*:・゚★ 。・:*:・゚

"OH GOSH HONEY! I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!" Melissa said hugging her best friend. "Mel," Cierra said crying into her arms. "Why does it hurt so much."

"What does?" Mel frowned. "It hurts. Everything I did here. I regretted taking this job. I just want my old life back."

Melissa was shocked. She had never seen her best friend bawl her eyes out like this before. She always mentioned that crying is an act of weakness whilst we should never show it to anyone.

"Mel, you think I'm weak do you? I am supposed to take care of you and now look at me. I'm even too damn scared to pick up my phone. So many death threats." She whispered.

Melissas heart was broken. "Are they really that bad?" She asked. "Yeah, Cris is trying to cover it up though. They found out that his ex girlfriend is the first one to spread the false rumor."

"That model Irina Shayk? Man, I always got that feeling where she's not being genuine around him." Mel said. "What should I do? I have never gotta deal with this kind of stuff since I thought I came from a wealthy family and I have Messi as my last name."

"The thing is people made money out of that." Mel said sitting beside her. "Theres one thing I'm more curious about, Cee. . Answer me, are you in love with Cristiano Ronaldo?"

Cierra paused.

"I don't think he'll ever feel the same way. . I know this might sound crazy but he hasn't moved on from his crazy ex girlfriend and I'm okay with it though."

"This things happen. Crushes will eventually go away. Like it did with Marc. I'm shocked to see him in front of me and I thought I was supposed to fall for him all over again I didn't." Cierra spoke.

"Thats because you met Cristiano dummy, you like him so he practically overshadowed your crush for Stegen. Now are you sure he's going to be just a single crush?" She asked.

"But Mel! Have you seen Leo when he came inside? He looks like he's about to tear him to shreds. And I believe he would if he's not a professional."

"I have fallen for someone I can't have and that is so stupid of me, I get it. I blamed myself everyday for having this kind of feelings. I– Mel are you voice recording?"

Mel paused looking frantic.

"Uh, no?"

"Give me your phone." Cierra said sternly.

"Aw but this is for Ronaldo!" Mel sulked.

"Theres no need for that, I'm sorry for eavesdropping but I indeed heard every conversation you guys just had." He said nervously. "Cris–" Cierras eyes widened.

"And no I won't report this to Leo, I mean since when I decided to follow orders? Leo should've known that by now." She chuckled.

"But–"

"Yeah yeah we met last night and decided to team up because I'm your best friend and I know the fact that you're falling for him hard so I decided to take his side. It means your side too right?" Mel asked.

"Wait I'm not falling hard for him," Cierra said laughing nervously. "She's joking! You're joking right, Mel?" She said.

"Umm quick question where are Leo and Marc?" Cierra asked looking over at Mel. "They flew back to Barcelona. They need their captain to be there obvi."

"Anywho, you seem to be well again. Ready to go out honey?" Mel cooed. "She's a tough cookie, she'll handle it." Cristiano said making Cierra chuckled, "You know thats the exact same word coming from Leo."

Cristiano widened his eyes, "No way gross, I'm not copying Messi I take that back. People have been commenting about me copying his celebration I'm not going to be sued for copying his words." He cringed.

"And have you seen the way he looks at me? I was about to ask him about the damn weather and he freaking shuts me down in an instant. !" Cristiano exclaimed making them both laugh. "Thats Lionel for you."

"He can be overprotective over family but he's sweet though."

Cierra Messi is released from the hospital

Cierra Messi is released from the hospital. She went to check the time on her phone when Cristiano pulled it away turning it off. "Hey! What gives?" She frowned.

"You're not getting it back until the rumors died down. I've been there and trust me ignoring and not looking at it is the best option." He said with Mel carrying Cierras bag behind her.

"Cris! A little help here??" She wailed over the heavy bags. "Oh yeah in a minute." He said before bringing her bags into the trunk.

"You know, you got yourself a man right there." Mel swooned. "Right.?" Cierra chuckled. Cierra got into the passenger seat with Cristiano beside her while Mel sat at the back.

"I've come into conclusion that its not safe for you to be alone. And we can't find such escort this late at night so I'm saying that we should stay over at Cristianos place. Any objections?" Mel asked.

"Wait why can't we just go back to my temporary hotel room?" Cierra asked. "Uh no, no can do. . Paparazzi are there. Dozens of them waiting to take pictures of you. I highly risked coming in there."

"I mean Cristiano already agreed so its up to you now, what would it be?" Mel asked.

"Alright, do I even have any options left? I'm just tryna stay alive here at Madrid, everything looks and feels like a danger zone for me now." She sulked.

"Okay then! I can't wait to meet Cristiano Jr! He's going to be the cutest! I bet he is!"

Just then it hit her.

Cierra had forgotten that Cristiano is a man with a child. One of the many reasons why she marked him off limits.

To be continued