Maya's withdrawal.

Ever since she was a child,she fended for herself. Her mom,bless her soul, tried her hardest to be there for her. She tried her utmost to provide for them. They didn't live in a fancy home or anything spectacular but they had a home and they had each other. Ever since her dad left, she'd hear her moms sobs through the thin walls and her heart would break a little more. That was the day she realised she needed to be strong. For herself and her mom. She never let anyone break down her determination to get through this task. She build walls, just like her mother had, they conquered the world together. They didn't need anyone else. Until it all went haywire. She met Riley, Lucas and farkle,Zay even smackle was included. She needs to fix this broken walls.

That's what she's planning on doing. Building those walls stronger than before. She realises that yes she let them down for him, only she didn't know she did. He made her feel so secure and safe that she didn't really think about holding those walls. She doesn't want to hurt like she did before,when her dad left them alone for some other family. She doesn't want to cry like she did when she was a kid.
She knows that by withdrawing she's going to have to stay away from Riley at times, she always thought nothing can tear them apart but as she thinks about Riley and Lucas she cannot help but shy away and let a few tears slip. She needs space and time to adjust.
Somehow she knew though that they wouldn't really be together forever. Opposites attract yes but they can get tired at times. They can repel. Ring power just prevented that.

Her heart and head hurts because she knows if she distances herself who will she have then?. Farkle?. She knows Farkle means well but she always knew Farkle would choose Riley over her any day. She'd literally have no one. She doesn't realise though that even when times get tough and difficult she can always rely on her mother.

Yes, her mother is most of the time busy but Katy Hart has so much love for her daughter she'd do anything for her.

Her phones ringing but she doesn't have the energy to talk to anyone. She doesn't want anyone to know how heartbroken she really is. She turns her phone off once it's done ringing. Lays down on her bed and contemplates her next move. They would be insistent to know what's wrong. She's going to have to come up with one very convincing story.
Too tired to think anymore, she gets up places her blank canvas in front of her and starts painting whatever comes to mind. This is her comfort zone. Painting helps Maya escape, it provides her with the security she needs if her moms too busy. It releases whatever tension she's experiencing. It's her form of therapy. Whatever emotion she cannot explain her ability to paint it will.
"I want Maya to be happy". "They're taking away something you're very good at". " I feel bad ".

She cannot take it anymore. These memories are haunting her. She needs to do something. She paints and paints until she's breathless, she doesn't know what it is but it helped her. She feels exposed and decides that no one gets to see this one. It's way too personal for her.

She falls asleep watching the painting that has stars in the sky and a campfire with colours that can only express deep feelings.

Disclaimer : I do not own GMW, if I did Lucaya would be together not Rucas.