The Aftermath.

Chapter 15: The Aftermath.

The words "I forgive you" from Maya's mouth brought immense happiness to them all most importantly Riley because she finally got her best friend back. This time she promises herself to do better. Her friendship needs a lot of work she knows but this is a step in the right direction. A direction in which they'll do better at this friendship thing. Maya is utterly important to her and she knows just the thing to have Maya back : Gossip and news particularly about her life so she hugs Maya happily with squeals and utter happiness,that frightens Lucas whose still holding her in his arms, he let's Maya hug her back by removing his arms but still doesn't let her leave his lap,what can he say she's comfortable and he seriously doesn't wanna be away from her. Riley whispers in her ear,to make sure Lucas doesn't hear and says "Something happened with a guy". It's embarrassed and nervous but it's a certain statement, and she's tremendously confused as to what to do next,this is why she needs Maya by her side. Maya is the more experienced out of them two and she trusts Maya with her whole life.

Maya immediately moves backwards,further into Lucas,to get a look at Riley's face. The confusion immediately comes through and she maybe knows who the 'guy' is but isn't completely sure. The news makes Maya feel secure so she grins up at Riley and immediately says "Bay window tonight? Your house?" she doesn't need to know what the answer is but she can't help but laugh at Riley's helpless response "yes please" but despite the confusion she knows Riley is ecstatic with her reply. Going to Riley's bay window represents familiarity and provides Riley with a sense that things will work out and be alright. She hasn't made an appearance at Riley's house for weeks and she knows they miss her presence,Maya knows Riley's parents are left with so much questions that only she can answer, so she knows the visit is long overdue. It provides her with happiness too,the fact that her life could maybe get back to normal. Maya leans further into Lucas leans her head back, gives him a short sweet kiss that emotes a "eww" from Zay and Farkle as well as a "awwh" from Riley. Maya laughs and says "too bad Zay and Farkle,you better get used to it,there's loads more that'll come" she stands from Lucas's lap and says "can you guys give me and Farkle some privacy? We have to discuss some things" with certainty. She gives Zay a meaningful look which he immediately understands and rushes to bring Lucas and Riley out the room "come on guys, this is seriously important. Trust me they need to work this out". He gives Maya a hug and reminds her that she's strong and that his proud of her. She smiles at him with a grateful smile and says "thank you" giving him a kiss on the cheek. When he arrives at the door she stops him and asks him "can you calm Lucas down? I know he'll be fed up with not knowing everything. Just calm him down please". He laughs and nods "sure, don't stress yourself Maya. I know Lucas almost as much as you,if maybe a bit more" he says. She nods and he closes the door behind her.

Maya decided a while back that this discussion needs to happen. Her questions and curiosity needs to be answered. This has been weighing on her mind ever since the incident occurred. She knows how badly it affected her especially her emotional state. She determinedly turned towards him and asked him the very question that he didn't want to answer,well not this soon anyway.

"Why'd you blurt out Riley's feelings on new years"

Disclaimer: Just rewinding you that GMW doesn't belong to me.