24.

"Madara."

"(Name)."

I sighed, staring at him. "I-It's been awhile," I said.

"I've moved on."

Those three words shattered my heart into pieces. Something inside of me had hoped that he was waiting for me to come back. But I guess he wasn't.

"Oh," is all I managed to utter out.

At that moment I felt as if I was about to bust out into tears. But I managed to control my breathing at a steady pace. "Are you.. okay?" He asked me.

"I'm fine."

The biggest lie I had ever told.

I wasn't fine. I was the complete opposite.

MADARA'S POV

I stared at (Name).

"I'm fine."

I knew she wasn't fine. I knew that she was hurt, I could see it in her eyes. But I had just started dating Mei. She was so gorgeous and I couldn't cheat on her.

But once I saw (name) again it made me want to.

YOUR POV.

A tear drop ran down my cheek but I wiped it away quickly. I refused to cry infront of him.

"Then I guess we just move on with our lives as if nothing has happened?" I question him.

"Like we don't even know each other," I added.

"It doesn't have to be like that. We can still be friends."

"Friends? Sorry, but no. I don't wanna have you to see with someone else."

"I'm sorry. Can we just try to be friends? I don't wanna cut you out of my life completely."

"Right. So I guess we'll try being friends."

He smiled at me once I had said that. His eyes then trailed down to my body and I realized that I was still in my bathing suit. "As my friend, can I have a ride home?" I asked.

He chuckled. "Yeah, sure," he responded.

"Let's go."