CHAPTER THREE.

(Lola's Pov)

Oddly enough, my heart was still thumping at an uncontrollable pace. It had been exactly two days since I had last looked him in the eye, shook hands with him and spoken to him.

Luca Blue.

God, thinking about him and our little interaction, made me feel so strange. It was wrong for me to be doing so. If any woman or man were to know of this; they wouldn't hesitate to shame me. It was simply wrong to be thinking about the man who could possibly be my brother-in-law.

Sighing, I pushed my thoughts aside and tried to fully concentrate on the canvas in-front of me. My paintbrush freely brushed against the white canvas, my tongue once again managing to slip its way out from my mouth. My brows drew together in concentration.

Today, my hand painted a street. But on those streets, were lights, and a crowd of people. There were shops, large ones with crazy bright signs, managing to allure the attention of people as they walked past. A night sky covered the top part of the canvas, with small white stars.

It was the city.

Well, what I had thought it out to be.

Exhaling, I slowly lifted my paintbrush away from the canvas and brought it down to my lap. As I stared back at the colorful canvas, with a beautiful image painted on it; I sadly smiled. I had dreamed of the city, thought of it, had so many ideas of how it was - but would never know.

Not until I was a married woman.

"The city," A sudden raspy voice entered my ears. I froze, my mouth dropping open, feeling my eyes widen. My heart began to thump a little faster, my hands shaking slightly. Swallowing a deep breath, I tried to control my thoughts.

"Sì, ho sentito che e' bellissimo." I replied in a whisper. 

Yes, I've heard it's beautiful.

"Si, lo è. E così è il tuo dipinto. Hai veramente le mani di un artista." He rasped in response. 

Yes, it is. And so is your painting. You truly have hands of an artist. 

I blushed at his compliment, a shy smile etchings onto my lips. Oddly, that made me want to turn around and look him in the eye. To be able to see his handsome face again.

"Grazie." I breathed out, placing my paint pallet down. I tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear, pushing myself up to stand. When I did, I was afraid for a second that my knees would give out on me and I'd make a fool of myself in-front of him.

I chewed down on the inside of my cheek, reaching forward to remove the painting from the clipped canvas. The white paper was damp and slightly heavy from the fresh paint printed on it, making me be extra careful as I walked over to the drying stand.

I placed the sheet down, my eyes darting to the now dry painting of my sunset. As I proceeded with my movement, I could feel his eyes boring into my back. His eyes following my every movement. Dressed in a satin blue dress, reaching inches above my ankles, and a v-neck styled design; I almost felt naked.

That's how his powerful gaze made me feel.

Swallowing, I played with the black hairband around my wrist. I toyed with it, before reaching out to grab a hold of my hair and tie it into a ponytail. As I did this, his eyes continued to follow my movement.

Inhaling a sharp breath, I let my hands drop and with great hesitance - I turned around. As soon as I did, my heart began beating five times faster than it was before. He was lent against my door. A hand casually placed inside his formal, black, dress pants. A satin black dress shirt, worn on his torso. I could easily see the noticeable muscles which lay underneath.