CHAPTER ELEVEN.

(Lola's Pov)

The smile playing on my lips was inevitable. I just couldn't control it. I couldn't stop myself from smiling. All because I couldn't stop thinking about him - Luca. Whilst my English book lay flat on the table in-front of me, awaiting to be written on - my mind was elsewhere, taking me with it.

I was in dreamland.

A dreamland of beautiful thoughts; filled with Luca and I.

I was in love.

In the short amount of time I knew Luca- I fell for him. I fell hard and quick. He was like a magnetic force I couldn't pull myself away from. No matter how hard I tried. I didn't simply love him - I was in love with him. Everything about him.

From his kind, warm, hazel eyes, to his intriguing personality. I fell in-love with his smile, his beautiful, handsome face. His hands which made me feel as if I were at home. And his caring thoughtful self.

I love him.

It was simple. Simply wrong - but I didn't care. I was in too deep.

"What are you smiling about?" I heard the familiar voice ask, snapping me out of my thoughts. I cleared my throat, blinking rapidly as I glanced over at my sister. Melissa's perfectly shaped brows were arched, her lips pursed as she held a laundry basket to the side of her hip.

"N-Nothing," I muttered, trying to wave her off and inwardly hoping she would get that I didn't want to carry out this conversation. Instead, she narrowed her eyes, trailing them over my face.

"Really?" She pressed, looking at me as if she was reading me. I sighed, reaching out to pick up my black inky pen.

"Yes, Melissa." I replied to her overly nosy question. She made a humming noise, but still she hadn't left the room like I had expected her to.

"Così, ieri sera, quando ti sei addormentato?" She suddenly asked.

So, last night, when did you fall asleep?

I swear my heart nearly burst through my chest the second the question left her lips. Suppressing the need to let my eyes widen in surprise, I put my attention on the pen in my hands and toyed with it.

"Uh, around eleven." I lied, glancing up at her for a quick second. She still had the same suspicious expression playing on her face. A blonde lock of hair spilled out from her loose bun, hitting her eye. The longer I looked at it, the more it began to irritate me.

"Why?" I managed to ask, tearing my eyes away from her loose piece of hair. She pursed her lips. And for a second it felt as if she knew I were lying. But she couldn't. Luca and I weren't that loud. Besides, Melissa was a heavy sleeper. She had to be asleep.

"I just heard a few sounds...like voices - but I guess I was just imagining." She finally said, making me let out a relieved breath. I flashed a false smile at her, nodding at her.

"Yeah, probably. I was out by eleven." I chuckled, hoping it would erase the suspicious thoughts growing in her mind. Melissa was like that - nosy and always willing to butt herself into other peoples business.

"Oh, okay." The corner of her lips lifted. I inwardly let out countless breaths filled with relief. With a tight-lipped smile, I glanced back down at my English book. The page in-front of me was half-empty, making me sigh.

"Want any help?" I heard her ask. She walked over to me, her silky blue dress swaying slightly. I shook my head, licking my lips.

"I'm fine, Sis." I waved off. The longer she stared at me, I noticed her eyes light up and smile overcome her lips.