EPILOGUE.

SIX MONTHS LATER

(Lola's Pov)

Life works in a strange way.

One second you could be smiling, laughing until you had tears streaming out your eyes and a ache building in your stomach. You could be happy, content with life and could be at such a positive stage in your life.

You could be happy.

But clicker than you could blink - your world could come crashing down, right before you. 

Suddenly, the happiness you felt could fade away - possibly for the time being. Nevertheless, your mood would change. That smile that once played on your lips could die, slowly. That laughter that once left your lips, could turn into silence. That ache of laughing too much in your stomach, could no longer exist to you.

You world could change - just like that.

But all for a reason. Different reasons.

Death.

It's something nearly every living organism fears.

Death is something powerful. It's heartbreaking, soul-crushing, and saddening. 

Nobody wants to die. 

And nobody - nobody wants to loose someone to death.

But that's exactly what happened to me.

An uncontrollable tear fled from my eye, and I suppressed a sob awaiting to leave my lips. 

My mother; my mother who I loved so dearly much - was dead. She finally, after years, lost her battle to the deadly cancer, which managed to take her life. She was gone. She had left this earth and her soul, it was now in heaven.

The thought that she was finally with God and was finally able to gain her happiness back, it brought me a little source of comfort. But still, it didn't wash away the fact that she was no longer on this earth. The woman who had raised me, cared for me, loved me, my entire life - was no longer here.

She was in heaven.

"Sweetheart," I heard him softly whisper in my ear. I sunk into his chest, his hand softly rubbing my shoulder as a low sigh left his lips. No words left his lips, instead his warm embrace done enough to comfort me. And that's exactly what I needed.

"I just can't believe she's really...gone." I quietly cried into his black blazer, he had thrown over his black dress shirt.

"She's in heaven, baby. She's in peace." He gently said, placing a kiss against the top of my head. 

"I can't believe we're really returning." I heard him murmur under his breath. I shot out from his embrace, glancing up at him with a pained expression. He grimaced, running a hand across his chin. A sudden bottle of nerves cracked inside my stomach, letting them spring around my entire body.

"I...I know..." I trailed off.

Six months, since I had last stepped foot on this town's surface. Exactly six months, since I had last seen the buildings, homes, cars, people - family.