II: First Talk

After that wink processed in my mind.

I figured that what I felt was the feeling of disgust.

I've never felt assaulted in my entire life.

I mean, hindi naman yun assault but, ugh, I don't like it. 

Kakapasok niya nga  lang, may nalalaman na agad siyang pakindat kindat. Ano nalang kaya pag malapit nang matapos ang school year?

I hope hindi 'to fuckboy.

'Cause with that handsome innocent look, I would surely be very disappointed.

But anyway.

Sira na ang first impression ko sa kanya because of that wink. I already think that he is a man whore. And I DON'T want anything that has something  to do with him.

I am Hannah Avery. I am hot-tempered and I don't  like him.

Pero, things just got even worse, when siya ang naging seatmate ko instead of that snobbish guy  Jericho.

FLASHBACK

"So where can I sit now, Ms. Enriquez?" asked by the new guy after introducing himself and giving me that sly wink.

He obviously sits behind me since it's  the only vacant seat left. Well, it's not technically vacant yet. Somebody still sits there but she's absent. Again.

She then scrutinized the room and then snapped her fingers.

"Jericho, go sit behind Avery" Ms. Enriquez answered. Halata sa mga mata ni Jericho ang pagkagulat nito.

Si Jericho ang nasa right side ng seat ko.

Anyway, my seat is at the first row. It's  not because of height problems.

I actually don't  have that kind of problem.

It's because Ms. Enriquez, on the first day of classes, made the first comers sit on the first row. And of course, being the responsible student that I am, I always come early to school. No matter what.

Pero nga lang.

Bakit niya pauupuin si Jericho sa vacant seat eh meron namang seat si Jericho na. Si transferee dapat dun.

Nag murmur ang mga classmates ko. Sensing something very fishy. Well, the teacher's attitude is fishy.

"Ha? Ma'am? Ba't ako ma'am? Meron na po akong upuan" Jericho, said, trying to decline her order. The class knows that Jericho loved the seat that he has currently because of his seatmate.

No. Not me seatmate. His seatmate on the other side. Jessica. He's been courting her ever since the first day of classes. But Jessica doesn't like him I guess. So she keeps disregarding him.

Kung sa akin lang, gusto ko rin naman makatabi si Jericho. For one very reason. At yun ay, hindi niya ako pinapansin. I like it when people would just pretend that I'm  not here even when I am.

The main reason is that  I'm very anti-social and the other reason is I don't like talking.

"Just do as I say" she glared at the very confused Jericho. Wala namang magawa si Jericho.

He took his bag and moved to the seat behind me.

"You can now sit beside Ms. De Vera, Mr. Bailey" she said with a smile at the guy, while gesturing her hand to the seat beside me. Seat beside me na nasa harap lang ng desk ni ma'am.

What!?

No.

Why?!

I can't  believe this.