For You- O' Solo

Kelley's P.O.V-
I sat at the kitchen table just like I had everyday for the past week. Waiting patiently for Hope to come like she said she would. Pushing my food across the plate as I stared at my watch. 9:30

I knew she wasn't coming, but I didn't want to believe it was true. Everyone warned me, everyone told me it wouldn't  last. But I never thought this would happen.
I sighed as I got up and put up the food leaving her plate in the microwave knowing she'd show up eventually. As I walked into my closet grabbing the baggiest pair of sweat pants I could find before flopping down onto the couch. When my phone went off.
"Hey Kels! How'd it go? Did she like the ring?"
"Kels? You there?"
"She did come right?"
  "Right?"
I sighed into the speaker as I let Ashlyn continue the conversation by herself. I knew if I replied I would just end up crying, which I refused to do. I've done it way too many times to count, and way too many times to care.

Before I knew it Ashlyn was off the phone and at my door with Carli in one hand and ice cream in the other just like she had every other time Hope didn't show.
  "Hey guys" I sighed as I returned to my comfy spot on the couch with no intention of getting up again.
"Hey Kels? Come here." Ash choed as pulled me into her arms causing me to drop the ring I had been holding for the past hour.
"It's gorgeous." Carli sighed as she swooped up the ring box.
"I know." I whispered as I shoved my head into Ash's neck completely tuned out.
"Come on boo. She'll come around eventually, you know how she is." Ash sighed.
"Kelley she really does love you."
"I know I'm just tired." I replied. It was true, I was done with being stood up every night.
"Aren't you guys the ones who suggested I leave her in the first place?" I popped up staring at the two women.
"Uh yeah. But that was a while ago hun. I really think Hope is starting to get her priorities straight." Carli replied quickly, perhaps too quickly. "Here ice cream will help."
"Ice cream? Dawn would kill us."
"No this is gonna kill us." She replied as she looked me up and down clearly unpleased with my current state.
"Fine." I laughed as I got up and walked into the kitchen.
"Actually why don't we go out for some?" Ash added ripping the tub out of my hands.
"Uh sure just let me change." I shrugged.
"What the hell was that about?" I thought to myself as I slipped on black skinny jeans and a tee before grabbing a jacket out of my closet.
"There's a cool place on the boardwalk." Carli suggested as we got into her car.
"Ok cool." Ash jumped in from the backseat.
Within minutes we were pulling up to the board walk. I quickly hopped out to see all of the store signs lighting up the strip.
"It's so beautiful."
"And I'm really hungry, so let's go!" Ash yelled as she followed Carli down the board walk.
"I'm coming, I'm coming." I sighed as I began to make my way down the wooden walkway. But something caught my eye, as I stopped in my tracks to look out at the beach.
There in the sand sat a candle lit table sectioned off by a circle of surfboards surrounding the area.
"Kels? What's going on?" Carli asked as she jogged back over.
"Huh? Oh nothing just looking." I replied.
"Ha. Someone's getting lucky tonight." Ash chuckled as she looked out at the scene. "Now come on."
"Yeah I'll be there in a second." I sighed as I turned my attention to the ocean that was barely visible in the night sky. When I felt a tap on my shoulder.
"Hey Kels."
I quickly whipped around to see who it was and all happiness seemed to leave my face.
"Get away from me." I sighed pushing past the brunette only to find that Carli and Ashlyn no where in sight. I opted for the beach as I ran down the wooden steps knowing I wouldn't be able to get home without them.
"What's your problem?"
"My problem Hope? You're my problem! Every night! Every fucking night I wait for you. What are you even doing here anyway? You were supposed to be home with me." I yell as I continued to rush through the sand without looking back.
"I always come home." She shrugged.
"That's not what I mean."
"Then why don't you tell me." She yelled after me. "Kelley! Wait!"
"I don't get you Hope! I-I thought you wanted this."
"Wanted what?"
"Us! You never come home and when we are together you're drunk. It's like you don't even want to be around me."
"Of course I do." She called after me, yet my feet continued to beat on the sand. "Let me explain!"
"Kelley please." She cried grabbing my hand. But the word 'please' seemed to stop me more than her grip did, and before I knew it I was in her arms.
"I know I've been gone a lot lately but I promise I only did it for you." She whispered as she ran her hands through my hair.
"For me? Hope I've been trying to...
"Never mind." I sighed as I pulled away and continued walking. I was so wrapped up in emotion I didn't even realize that I'd wondered straight in to the circle of surfboards.
I stared down at the candle lit dinner in confusing as her arms wrapped around my stomach.
"I did it for you." She whispered into my ear as she left a trail of kisses down my neck.
"All of this was for you." And with that a miniature box appeared in her hands that wasn't there before holding a beautiful diamond ring. As I whipped around and let my arms fall around her neck.
"Ash was right. Somebody is definitely getting lucky tonight." I whispered as I connected my lips with hers.
------------------------
This was supposed to end with them splitting up but my heart couldn't take that haha.
If you have any requests or suggestions feel free to comment or message me.