Chapter 1

1st POV

"Hey" I said to the club members. They say "hi" back to me as one of them write some anime shows to the white board to suggest what we should watch for the remainder of the day. Apparently one of them put Spaceballs on the list. This is was how the club works. On Mondays  we would play games of any kind (as long as it's appropriate enough to bring to school) and on Fridays we would just watch anime shows by popular votes. Coming here is relaxing enough to keep my mind off of school.

After an hour and twenty minutes of somehow watching Spaceballs and three episodes of Black Lagoon later, it was time to leave. I wished everyone a good weekend and leave the room. I look out the window from the school building and see that it was really dark out. And raining. And I didn't think about grabbing my umbrella. Gotta love February. Apparently, there's been more rain than snow this year which I don't mind that much but at the same time having rain this season just seems out of place.

In order to keep my things dry from the rain, I put on your backpack on first before I put on my winter coat that luckily wraps around me and my bag perfectly. Bonus! I am also able to zip up my coat. Double bonus! I put my hood up and head outside. My parents don't like it when I walk back to my apartment alone after dark but for me I find it nice. Just listening to the rain is more relaxing than listening to boring lectures all day.

When I reach to my building, I hear a couple guys yell, and by the tone, something scared the crap out of them. I look ahead me and see them scampering away from something that terrified them. It appears to be under the stairway that leads to the second and third floor. Out of curiosity, I decide to look at  what scared them so much. At first, I thought it was a sick joke from the neighbors that live in the other buildings but it turns out to be strange animal.

The first thing I see is a figure that almost resembles a huge lion, lying down trying to keep themselves dry from the rain. They have white hair that seem to be long enough to sprawl on the ground. Their body seems to consist colors of orange but and with red stripes. There also seems to be teal splotches and blue spikes on their body, head, and a couple spikes that are placed where their eyes are suppose to be.  I don't know why but just looking at them gives me a sense of hostility but something else I can't seem to place my finger on.

I didn't realize I was staring at the beast for so long that they started to growl at me. Probably from annoyance I guess. I've never seen an animal like this before. Are they one of those animals that were experimented on and was able to escape from a lab?  I slowly appraoch the creature and realize that there seems to be a gem on the middle of their face. So....their not an animal? If not, what are they? I took one more step before their shoulders began to tense up and started snarling at me. Clearly a message for me to back off. I stop where I am at and gradually kneel down with my hand out. As a general rule of thumb when encountering an animal, don't look at their eyes for too long or they'll see you as a threat. I keep my head down hoping they would understand that I'm not dangerous.

Even though I couldn't see what they were doing, I could feel their hot breath. I gradually look up, and locked eyes with the beast's...well...spiked ones. They seem to be much more at ease. I cautiously reach for their hair to pet it, only to have them flinch violently away from me. Having my arm scratched from their huge claw. Blood seeps through the sleeve of my coat. Oh come on! That was my only coat!

I grunt from the pain and cradle my injured arm. I am at my wits ends but I want to give it one more shot before I give up. I try again. This time while they were looking at my arm that they scratched up, I slowly bring out my other hand and pet the back of their head. They jolted for a minute but have calmed down. "There, you see...I'm a friend." They seem to have finally settle down. Which was a relief, I don't want to deal with two injured arms.

"A-A-ACHOOO!" Crap! I forgot I 'm outside in the cold and rain. I get up smile at them, as much as I wanted to keep them company, I need to go inside before I get sick. "Well, g'night." I head up the stairs to my door. As I put my key in the door knob, I feel something roughly nudge my back. I turn around and to see the spiked creature behind me, softly whimpering.

"....You want to come in?" They gave a little gruff in response. I guess that's a yes. I know there's a pet policy here but since most of the people living here are probably with their friends, family, or at parties for the night, I'm sure they wouldn't mind."Alright, but first things first; you need a bath."

______________________________________________________________________ 

A/N: Ok, first chapter is done.

IMAGE: http://imgur.com/gallery/IatyF