Chapter 10

Steven, Buck, Jenny, Sour Cream and I sit at the beach relaxing. Jasper though was still suspicious, I lie down beside her and had her head rest on my lap. I play with her hair that put us both as ease. "So, what did you mean by Jasper being a gem warrior?" I ask. Steven looks at the ground, as if trying to figure out where to start. "Well. you see. Jasper wasn't what she looks like right now." What does he mean by that?  "Several months ago, she came to Earth for a mission but..." Steven stops in his tracks and begins twiddling with his fingers as if compelled to tell me more. He let's out a sigh, " Well, in the end, one thing led to another and now she became...as she is now." "You said that she 'came to Earth'. Are you saying she's some kind of alien?" "Welll, yes and no." After that, he explained everything. About the gem race. His mother. The Crystal Gems. The Gem War. Homeworld. Malachite. The Beta Kindergarten. It was a lot to take in. It felt overwhelming containing all this information. "Wow..." I said quietly, "Is it really true, you're half gem and human?" "Yup." Steven says smiling as he lifts his shirt showing a pink gem nestled in his belly button. I was astonished. I got closer and lightly tapped it. He flinched a bit in response. "Wow, for a second I thought you were into gem implants." "Nope, all natural." he says with pride. The more I talked with Steven, the more I began to feel comfortable. Sour Cream, Buck, and Jenny had to leave, but we continued with our conversation which felt like hours.

At this point, Jasper has felt comfortable enough to let Steven pat her head. She's making progress, I'm so proud. I told Steven about how I met Jasper, how I ended up Beach City, how I met Buck, the Pizza family, Sour Cream, and the rest of the town. Sometime during our conversation, Steven had a tendency to glance at my arm, "Do you want to see it?" I ask as I grab my sleeve. "Really? It's ok?" "Go ahead." I show him my arm still wrapped in bandages from Dr. Maheswaren's treatment yesterday. I carefully unwrap it, showing my semi-healed injury. It's still slightly red and swollen, but it's not as painful as it did yesterday. Steven analyzes my arm with deep focus. I guess this is his first time seeing stitches. Lucky kid. "To be honest, I thought she would do more damage but I'm glad she didn't do anything worse than this." In all honesty, I can kind of understand that. I rewrap my wound, "I'm still amazed that Jasper is-was a soldier."  "You'll be surprised how many  used to be themselves." Steven says with a small smile and a grim tone. " Recently, I became friends with a gem that used to be a captain from the Gem War but got corrupted in the end. I was only able to heal her temporarily before she turned back." Steven looks towards the sea, with a reminiscing look on his face. I still can't believe a child like him had to go through such hardships that I can't help but admire as well.

"Oh! I also have a question I hope you can answer." Steven looks at me curiously. "What is it (f/n)?" I grab the crystals from my pocket and present them to him. "You see, last night Jasper snuck out and when I found her she had these with her." Steven's expression drops. Why? It's only a few rocks. I look down and see the crystals starting to  glow and float out of my hand. They're so bright it's almost blinding; mesmerizing even. "Oh no!" Steven says in terrified tone. The glowing rocks were so beautiful to look at that couldn't hear him. He grabs my shoulder and tosses me behind him and yells, "GO NOW!" Goodness, he's really strong?! Jasper gets to her feet and begins to growl at Steven but quickly turns her attention to the glowing stones. They begin to glow brighter and float higher. Silhouettes of body parts begin to form around the glowing stones, illuminating their colors brightly. Their bodies still forming and growing.  

Steven looks at me again looking frantic, "(F/N), YOU NEED TO GO SOMEWHERE SAFE NOW!" I wanted to get out of the way but my body felt heavy and stiff. All I could do is only watch as these glowing beings start to show their form. A heavy thud hit the sandy ground, causing me to levitate a few inches off the ground. I look in horror as the crystals that had transformed into terrifying monsters let out a blistering roar.

______________________________________________________________________________

Image: http://samzabala.space/projects/stevensuniverse/pages/beachcity/crystaltemple.html

A/N: Sorry it took so long. New school year kept me busy. Thanks for your patience!!