Chapter 7

WARNING: THERE'S GOING TO BE A MOMENT OF EXPRESSING DEPRESSION!!!

1st POV

I head back outside and see a crowd of people clustering together talking distinctively and having their phones flashing. I see Jenny push her way through them and run towards me. "(f/n)!" "What is going on?" I ask in a concerned tone. "Well...while you and Dr. Maheswaran were upstairs, I was introducing Kiki and Gunga to Jasper. Then out of no where, Ronaldo pops up and started taking a bunch on pictures and posting them to his blog. One thing led to another, and...." There was a slight pause, "So they are crowding around Jasper?" I said, finishing what she was trying to say. She nods, "Buck, Sour Cream, Kiki, and Gunga are trying to block them from Jasper."

I dash behind to a spot where I could see; Jenny was right. Those guys are trying to protect Jasper. It's like watching a celebrity being ambushed by the paparazzi. I see Jasper getting tense and hostile. Their claws have pierced into the concrete. They are so scared. I take a good 20 yard distance from the crowd and call out, "JASPEEERR!!" Everyone looks at me confused but didn't realize that the huge creature they cornered had jumped over them and had landed by my side. The crowd was about to gravitate to them again till I held my hand out. I sternly proclaim, "Stop! Not another step closer." They froze in their track. Ronaldo pushes his way through the mob, slightly irritated, "Why are you protecting that sentient beast?" What kind of stupid question is that? "Oh I don't know maybe because you guys were crowding around them. How would you feel if a bunch of random strangers are invading your personal space?" The group whisper among themselves while others were just as impatient as Ronaldo.

I check Jasper that have seem to have calmed down. I look at the crowd again, still holding their phones out itching to take a photo. I let out a sigh. "Alright! You can take your pictures." Their faces lit up with excitement, "Buuuuuut...only one at a time and you can only take three photos. Also, $10 per person. Nothing more, nothing less. Deal?" It took them a minute but came to an agreement. After an hour of that madness, Jasper had calmed down and I was collecting my money that could pay off this month's rent and get groceries. Jenny, Kiki, and Ms. Pizza had to go back to work at the restaurant and Buck got a call from his dad that needed his help. Sour Cream had to go home to practice for his rave party tomorrow night. Which he invited us to come and see. Jasper and I head back to the beach and look towards the horizon. I didn't realize it was almost evening until I looked at my phone and saw that the time was 4:10. "Hey Jasper, can we go home now?" I ask. They didn't seem to respond to my question. I lightly tap their shoulder, "Jasper, we need to go home." The didn't budge. I let out a frustrated grunt. Perfect. I guess we're going to spend the night here. I head to the pizzeria and ask Jenny if I could spend the night at their place. She said that they don't have any rooms for me to sleep and Sour Cream's house is always noisy. But she did suggest sleeping at Buck's place. She called Buck and asked if Jasper and I could spend the night. He replied that it was ok and hung up. Jenny said she could drive us to his place, which I was grateful. On the way there, Jenny and I talked while Jasper sat quietly in the back seat, that I was concerned for a bit but decided to brush off.

When we arrived to his house, it was rather big. It was a two-story house that pretty much stood out from the other neighboring buildings. Buck stands by the door waiting for us. I thank Jenny for the ride and she left only hearing the sound of the tires squealing. When we got inside, it was really nice. It wasn't fancy but instead felt comfortable and clean. I take a step and hear something crumple under my foot only to see a couple pieces of paper. Buck let out a annoyed sigh. "Dang it dad." He walks by me and picks them up. Along with other sheets of paper sprawled across the floor."Oh, I sorry are these your dad's paperwork?" I bend down and help him clean up. "Yeah, he has a meeting tonight so he will be back while we're asleep." After we finished picking up the papers, he led us to one of the guest rooms that is nice and well kept. He told me that the dresser has some clothes to sleep in and the bathroom was two doors down on the left. "Do you want to eat anything before you hit the hay?" I didn't realize that I haven't eaten anything since this morning. My stomach grumbles by the thought of food. I blush in embarrassment and nod. Buck reaches for his phone and dials the call. "Is pizza alright?" I just nod again. "What toppings do you want?" "(Favorite pizza toppings) please." He nods and places the order.