4. The Sketchbook

SOLAR

It had been a week since the last enhancement class, so here came Wednesday again, when Solar was going to meet her tutor after class. In fact, she was looking forward to the class, but also worrying about the awkwardness that would float in the air.

She peeked into the classroom through the little window on the grey door and saw Moonbyul's back. Her silvery hair hanging gracefully on her back and side.

So she's arrived earlier...

Standing outside the classroom, she was still tempting...

Should I say thank you to her? After all, she has given me some points for my essay and made Mr Choi complemented me... Would it be so awkward?

Solar decided to say it anyway as it was the basic manner that she should have.

*Knock Knock

"Come in!" Solar heard a tiny voice coming out from the girl in the room and opened the door, releasing a squeaking sound, but the blonde girl didn't seem to care.

"Hello! Moonbyul!" Solar said and moved herself to a chair just behind Moonbyul.

Moonbyul slowly turned around upon hearing the greeting so that she was facing Solar now, with only one table separating them. She was still holding the black-covered book, probably still Inferno by Dante. Her eyes were still attached to the lines, not bothering to look at Solar.

Just when Solar wanted to greet her again, she saw Moonbyul slowly raising her head up and covering the book. The frown on her brows relaxed and Solar wondered what in the book made her frowned like that.

MOONBYUL

Noticing that Solar was staring at her, Moonbyul thought that maybe her expression seemed too cold, so she started smiling again.

Naturally brown hair, with mochi cheeks and a bright smile. If she did not remember it wrong, her name was Solar?

"Hi! Your name is Solar right?"

"Yes! But so bad that you don't seem to be so sure. I'm VERY SURE that your name is Moonbyul." Solar teased and pouted.

"Aha! I was just afraid that I could be wrong." Moonbyul replied, not noticing her smile became brighter.

Solar then looked at her with suspicious eyes, and said, "With this bad memory how could Mr Choi thought you're a genius?"

Moonbyul's eyes widened listening to her. How did she know about my IQ? Maybe Mr Choi told her?

"Is it strange that I wanted to defend myself? 'cause believe it or not, I have an IQ of 168."Moonbyul acted calm and replied.

Solar mouthed an oh, probably indicating the end of the friend opening of the class.

"Let's start then, Solar-ssi." Moonbyul said, taking the books out of Solar 's bag. Suddenly she found a black sketchbook. According to Mr Choi, she knew Solar did not study visual arts, so out of curiosity, she took a sneak peek at the cover and saw the words,

Nomino: Adstraum

When she read the words in her mind she felt her head ached, not how she felt on her periods, but something more, something deeper, darker, more painful.

She closed her eyes and pressed her free hand against her head and began rubbing it. As soon as she opened her eyes again she saw the words and she felt like someone had punched her head with a needle, so she whined out.

"Moonbyul? You okay?" That was again Solar's soft voice. Moonbyul then quickly put the sketchbook into Solar's school bag. Raising her head, she finally met Solar's eyes.