two

"Hey Anti, wait up!" I laughed as I caught up to my new friend. He always seemed lonely, sitting by himself in the back of the 1st grade classroom and alone at lunch. When I walked up to him, we just seemed to click. It seemed like we were a puzzle waiting to be solved.

"Then catch up, ya doof!" He giggled. He wore his favorite green hoodie with his alien themed backpack while I had my Spider-Man themed backpack. We walked into our classroom, sadly breaking away from each other since I had to sit up front and him in the way back.

My vision started to flash into black, showing me at my middle school with good ole Anti right by my side. It was about 100° out and he wore this baggy sweater while at our lunch bench. I could see the sweat on his face and told him to take it off but he refused so I just dropped it.

"Hey, so what's happening on your side about he Valentines dance next week?"

I thought for a second. I wanted to ask my crush, Ally, but she's probably with someone else. "I was thinking Ally, but do you think she's with Danny?"

He shook his head, looking at his food that he barely touched. I noticed then that he hasn't really been eating a lot lately. "They broke up a while ago. She's over it."

"What? How do you know?"

"I just know these things. You should go ask her. Right now in fact." He pointed up at something and my curious eyes followed the way, seeing Ally there and motioning me to come to her. I got up and practically ran over, greeting her with a smile.

"Hey Ally!"

"Hi Dark! Umm.. I was wondering if you wanted to hang out? I was thinking some lunch tomorrow at Habit then a little walk around the park?" She asked nervously.

"I'd love to! And those are my favorite things to do! How'd you know?" She looked back behind me at something then back at me. She just kindly smiled.

"Just a lucky guess..? Anyway, I'll meet you at my place tomorrow at 3. Here's my number." She handed me a slip of paper. She walked away to her friends, giggling and smiling as I stared in awe at the numbers on there. I walked back over to Anti, who's food suddenly disappeared. I didn't think he could eat that much in about three minutes..

"Hey! I got her number! You were right, thanks man!" I hugged him tight, him hugging back gently. I pulled away rather quickly, looking at the number again.

"I'll be right back.." I heard Anti say rather sadly. But before I could look up and say anything, he was gone. I noticed he took his water bottle, too. Hmm.. weird.

My vision blacked again to last year. Freshman year of high school, Anti has been looking worse. Bags under his eyes, everyday he wore baggy, long sleeved sweaters even in the massive heat, he looked thinner, yet he's been able to keep his happy, cheerful, energetic self around me. I've been hanging around my new girlfriend, Amy, and things have been going well.

I was gonna talk to him about it. I caught up with him after school. "Hey, man!" I waved him down as he turned around, obviously ready for the weekend to come.

He put on a weak smile. "Hey.. What's up?"

"I just wanted to ask you why you've been acting.. weird.. the past few years.. You haven't been eating much, you always wear sweaters, and by the looks of it you haven't been sleeping. You haven't been playing late night Starbound while I'm out with Amy, have you?" I chuckled at my joke while his smile faltered and his eyes darted to the ground. My smile instantly wiped, concern growing on my face. "Anti..? You know you can tell me anything.."

"I haven't been hungry, I like sweaters, and you caught me redhanded on the Starbound thing." I know he would smile, but he didn't. He just turned and started walking home. I ran up to his side and walked with him. "You got plans tomorrow? I kinda wanna hang out.."

"Sorry, bro. Date night again. I can't wait!" As my excitement slowly drifted away, I looked over at Anti. He had a small, sad smile on, still refusing to look at me. "Hey.. What's with the sad smile?"

"I'm just glad you're happy and having fun.." I leaned over and hugged him, making our walk come to a stop.

"Thanks for being here for me buddy." He hugged back gently. I pulled away, seeing my house. "Alright, I gotta run. Promised Amy I'd call her. See ya!" And I ran off, not noticing the sad and lonely Anti that I left out on the sidewalk.