Chapter 3

Song: Waves by Dean Lewis

"I did it"

*****

"Clary, sweetheart I know you didn't do it. There is no need to lie to me," Jace said gently as he put her arm back in the sling.

"Jace you don't understand it was me." Clary felt small tears fall out of her eyes one fell on Jace's hand. He felt the small drop hit his hand, he brought his golden eyes up to meet her emerald ones.

"Then help me understand, why you did this."

"You have to listen to everything I say and not but in." Clary paused for a second taking a deep breath before continuing.

"The creatures that got me kept saying I had killed them. It was all my fault. I knew it was true because I have definitely killed these guys before. Jace. I think I did something terrible. I saw you, Izzy, Alec, Simon, Magnus, I saw everyone. I think I ki-killed them."

She choked on the words as she forced herself not to cry. Jace was at a loss for words. His mind was processing it all. "Clary you di-"

"Don't tell me what you don't know. Jace I don't want to hear it just help me get ready." Once Clary was ready they started walking to training room number 4.

The institute was fairly quiet except for the footsteps and whispers floating around the place. When Clary first arrived at the institute she had gotten lost a couple of times. Now she knew every little corner off by heart. If you put blindfold on her she could get around.

"Jace do you mind if I go out tonight? I need to speak to someone. I'll be home at 11 hopefully." Clary said as they turned into the empty room.

Jace stopped walking and looked at Clary concerned. "You can't go out of the institute. The Clave has requested that all institutes go into lockdown mode." Jace started walking over to the weapons rack as Clary picked up a set of daggers. Clary started throwing the daggers irritated.

As each dagger left her hand she thought about how stupid the Clave was. Not allowed to leave the institute. She was the little girl who stopped the big war they couldn't tell her wh-"Watch your technique Clary!" Jace called as he flipped through the air and landing perfectly on the practice mat.

She just rolled her eyes. "Ok boss," she replied with a mock salute. The shadowhunter went back to throwing her daggers with her arm that wasn't in a sling. She let the second last dagger leave her hand it aimed and landed silently in the centre.

Clary bent down to pick her last dagger. As she told back straight she felt hands correct her position.

"Know try," the person whispered. The dagger left Clary's fingers and buried itself in the wall besides the target.

"Oh wow Jace your technique didn't work," Clary said dully as she went to collect her thirteen daggers.

"Uh Clary what technique?" Jace asked as he turned his head her way and looked at her confused. He was up in the rafters.

Clary looked back to where she was standing and saw that standing there wasn't her Jace but was one of the bloodied bodies that had attacked them earlier. She let out a small scream.