Na zdravie/Cheers: Part 4

Clari was taken to a car, parking outside the building they were exiting.

Diego politely opened the car door, letting her get in then he went to the other side and got in too, sitting beside her.

None of them said anything to each other, until they got to his house again, where people were already waiting for them.

- Take care of her wounds and let her clean up - Diego ordered - And once she's done lead her to the living room.

Clari was still unsure what's happening, but she went with the people to get cleaned up.

----- TIME SKIP -----

A few hours later Diego and Clara were now sitting in the living room...

- How're you feeling? - he asked.

- Confused - she replied.

- Can't blame you. But let me explain what happened...

- You're having a business, where rich fucking morons come around to torture random people that your girl finds and they're even paying for you to do that.

- Yeah, that is what is going on. Kind of.

- Kind of?

- Axelle was my assistant, indeed, helping me find victims.

- Was?

- You survived what hardly anyone have before - Diego said while standing up and walking closer to her - I want you to work with me. To be with me and to be my wife.

- What?!?

- You heard me - he said as he got down on his knee, took her hand and kissed it - But if I wasn't clear enough let me explain a little more... You either become my partner and work with me... Or not, but I can't let you leave, after seeing everything you saw and experienced.

Clari gasped.

- Can I be... honest with you?

- Sure.

- It's not like, if I have anywhere to go... And how would I explain my friends' disappearance anyway... Since they died probably, correct?

- Probably. As I said before it's very rare that anyone gets out of there alive. But you are special. You were strong enough to get the courage to fight back and become the hunter. And that's something very attractive... and sexy in my eyes.

- Well... I wouldn't say your work is something sexy, but...

- But?

- But you are pretty attractive to me.

- Well, that's something I haven't heard in a while from anyone - Diego joked and by now he seemed to relax around her as well as Clari became more relaxed around him - But are you trying to fool me?

- Huh?

- You have done the same with the dude in the to-----

- If you come a little closer I can show you I actually am serious about this...

And as he leaned closer to her she kissed him.

The kiss was pretty intense which he wasn't necessarily used to, but he also did not let his guard down yet.

- But you know... - he continued once they broke apart - I can only have one partner...

Clari looked into his eyes for a few seconds then said:

- I'll handle her. I owe her anyway.

- You'll get the help you need for this. Just tell me what you need.