Chapter 3

It wasn't that I hated moving, I just hated the fact of people alone in a house with my mother constantly at my side I was only bounded to three rooms, and three rooms only. The piano room, my bedroom, and the dining room kitchen and now have a whole house to myself in New York technically my father would be here but I would only see him every night if he actually stopped working.

Charlie was helpful enough and his girlfriend to show me the local area's to eat and showed me how to hail a taxi, which was something I didn't need to learn since Father has gotten me a driver for my daily errands. Which I could practically drive my own car, but he refuses to lose another family member.

This morning I got up with ease, I but the bedroom felt so cold and dim compared to my bedroom at the old house, everything was white, and I hated white the color's in my old room were red and inviting I practically feel like I'm in a prison cell.

I make my way down the white stars and begin rummaging through the kitchen looking for a box of cereal but nothing, look into the fridge and nothing. The only thing that seemed edible was coffee that my father had made from his early morning departure, I look beyond the cupboard to find for a to go mug but with my luck nothing.

I was sure that I could wait till I got to Julliard to get something to snack on, my brown hair hanged in a ponytail as the school uniform practical clung to my skin I never wore uniforms before but the skirt was making my skin crawl. My mother's gold necklace hung around my neck with a peridot gem sat loosely in the middle; I've worn it since Father found it in her eyeglasses case and have now developed the nasty habit of continuously playing with it.

The buzzer to the downstairs ring, signaling that the driver was ready to drive me towards Julliard, Charlie promised he would help me talk to the administrative board about my "condition".

"I'll be down soon, Dan." I release the button then placing the two-inch heels onto my feet, my toes pressed abruptly against the toe box making my toes feel tight but it was good enough for the first day.

I toss my bag over my shoulder and headed down the stairs, the cold New York air hits me like a breath mint sending shivers up my spine and I was welcomed not by Dan but by Anna and immediately she takes me into her arms with a little too much enthusiasm.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her, pulling away from her grip and a smile pressed upon her lips.

"Well, that's self-explanatory to see you in a silly way." Her voice cheery and chipper, coaxing me with her smile as she heads into the ranger rover, "Now let's go and show everyone how great you are!"

I smile, tucking my hair behind my ear rearing the book bag into the car and climbing in. "I'm glad you're here," I say with ease, "How long are you thinking of staying?" I ask Anna, making her smile turn into a frown.

"Well that was short-lived, you trying to get rid of me already?" Anna's brows furrow into a concerned look, as I regret what just spilled out of my mouth.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to come off that way," I explain myself, not wanting to sound off-putting.

Anna smiles again, making it seem like I was off the hook, "I'm kidding, parents paid for me to come down for a few days to help you adjust." Anna grabs a hold of my hand squeezing me tightly, my phone grasped in my other hand.

"Well, I'll have Dan drive you back after he drops me off," I pause, not wanting to sound rude, "You can't follow me around the school, I love that your parents sent you here but I can do this."

"Whoa," She says placing her hands up like I'm robbing her at gunpoint, "I just thought it would be nice to have a familiar soul around, I'm sorry if I did something wrong."