Chapter 6

I guess we all have problems in our life, and it's always been a why me game. Like why do I have to play piano? Why did I have to go to Julliard? Why did it take me so long to realize that I wasn't the only one who has problems? Was I really that self centered?

Blaze sat beside me, as the whole class uttered among-st themselves as Ms. Douglas picked up the phone and dialed a number.

"You could say that she's probably calling the school board again." Blaze rocked back his chair, the squealing nose made it sound like he was about to break the chair.

"Again?" I asked, I mean I saw him this morning in the office but could he just be a spoiled brat who never get whats her wants?

"Well yea," Blaze scrunches his beanie down over his eyes, "Archer's life hasn't been the best, his mom has slowly been diagnosed with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder years ago, and has been in and out of the psychiatric ward."

"She's become catatonic, and Archer's father, loved them both with so much love but then when he started seeing Karen, Archer felt betrayed and started latching out." Blaze finishes, with sympathies in his tone.

Well, that was a lot to take in, "So he wasn't always like this?" My question seemed to hang in the air.

"No, he still plays well... beautiful but he actually had a lot going for him. A girlfriend, he had everyone worshiping him at his knee's." Blazed played with the pencil he picked up of the floor.

"Believe it or not, he played violin better then what you just saw. He played with such emotion, just like you did up there."He pointed the pencil towards the piano.

I shook my head in reply, "That was the first time I played with emotion since my last birthday, that was something I didn't notice I was doing it till I finished the ballad."

Blaze lifted a goofy smile, "Well maybe you two can learn from each other?" He nudged me with a laugh.

"I think I have my own problems to sort through, thanks."I giggled, "He would just add to it."

The bustle of students laughter is cut shot when Ms. Douglas sets the phone down, demanded the attention of monkeys.

Her face red, inflamed. Upset? Worried maybe?

"Class dismissed," Her voice, sound fragile and frustrated as she returns to sitting in her desk facing away from everyone.

The class almost evaporates out of the room, once so loud now so quite.

I get up from my chair and the following blaze, stopping behind of Ms. Douglas wanting to say something, but I was yanked away into the hall by Blaze.

"Whatever you were thinking of doing, stop." His face rosy with embarrassment, as he looks down at my face noticing my own embarrassment.

"I just feel so bad." I egged on, I couldn't stand to see someone knocked down.

I'm living breathing proof of that, my mother would always correct me on the simplest things. My posture needed to be perfect at all times, suck in my stomach, always play piano before eating, and it broke me. I hated every second in that house, that's why I always attempted to leave.

Blaze stands in front of me, his slender hands placed amongst my shoulders, daring me to look into his chestnut eyes "Rayna, this happens on a daily bases, and I think Ms.Douglas can handle this on her own."

I let the breath fallout of my mouth, "Okay."

"Okay," Blaze releases my shoulders, and place his beanie a little bit lower on his head. "Where to next Mrs.Evans?"

I fumbled with the paper I had jammed into my pocket, pulling out the schedule."Free period?" I say, almost as a question since I had no idea they allowed this at Julliard.

Blaze body starts to shake in a form of laughter, "It's not exactly a free period, typically you go to the library and study." He leans in slowly, "But, seeing that your here for a visit, go nuts!"

"But, what about you?" I asked.

"I have a full course this semester since I took some time off last year." He fumbles his hands into his jeans, "So I'm trying to catch up, from my first year."

I'm going to be alone for sixty-five minutes? What the hell will I do in the mean time. I'm trying not to panic, but I guess the fear hit my eyes because once again Blaze has me by the shoulders.

"Whoa, calm down racy eyes. I'll meet you up for lunch after this, the library is just down the hall." He points with his scrawny fingers, towards the east wing.

I nod, "Thanks Blaze," I mumble under my breath. "Truly, you don't understand how much I appreciate your kindness."

He gives me a smile that shows every tooth and both dimples, "You can pay me back at lunch, see you soon Rayna." He dances away on his tip toes and proceeds to do a ballet jump. Almost bumping into a bunch of students.

I couldn't help but giggle at his triumph, as he takes a bow before running to whatever class he has next.

I tuck my sandy blonde hair behind my ear, before turning to the library.

Turning down the east wing I wasn't expecting, Archer resting against a wall. His fallen hair was now smoothed back, showing his perfectly round green-hued blue eyes. His tall structure seemed unnaturally in these tiny hall ways, he was leaned up against the library windows.

He wasn't just intimating but the look in his eyes seems almost broken, something I knew too much of.

I tip my head down before entering the door the glass door that Archer only stood a foot beside it, he doesn't look up at me once. The librarian looks at me and nods her head allowing me to continue looking at the beautifully structured library.

Books, all of them stacked to the ceiling, with rolling ladders, a dream. Tables and couches placed in nooks and random places, a dream and here I am looking for Of Mice and Men a heart breaking but moving story that I use to sneak from my mother.

I decide to sit at a table and take a load off allowing my feet to not aches as much as I begin to start reading this book for the hundredth time.

Just when I get settled in, someone takes a seat across from me, leaning their full upper body on the table.

I knew who it was.

"Hello, Rayna Evans." He winks at me, "I'm Archer Adams." He pokes his tongue against his cheek and slowly slides those lips into a gleam.