Chapter 10

Entering Ms.Douglas class felt like bitterness, it was cold and felt like somebody had sucked any warmth out from the room. Ms.Douglas for some unknown reason wasn't there, what we know is why she wasn't there and right there in the middle of the classroom stat Archer. His long legs sat primarily on the seat in front of him, showcasing his cockiness, very formative you looked as if you control the room he was glad to get rid of her. Honestly, I would feel the same way, but he's allowing himself to seem guarded and I know what it's like to deflect emotions.

Blaze and I sat in our normal seats both staring at each other wondering what this class was going to entail. He's practically raveling in the fact that she isn't here, and when the rest of class enters in the teacher does.

"Welcome class, I'll be your Professor for the remainder of this semester." The Professor speak, with his bag in hand setting it onto the desk. "You shall call me Professor, as I don't like giving my name out."

Professor was a short man, with a rather firm but stern face, his plaid dress shirt was matched with grey khaki pants and large rimmed glasses. He gave a very seventies look and his posture was far from perfect but he didn't seem like a happy man and honestly with that style I wouldn't be either.

Archer cracks into a light cackle, from behind me and the Professors stare is nothing short of annoyance, "You think that's funny Mr.-?"

The eyeballs of every student's face Archer, anticipating his response. "Adams, Archer Adams." He tilted his head up to star directly at the Professor, "Maybe you can find my name in that purse you have there."

The class erupts into laughter, finding the situation hilarious but the look on the professor's face seemed otherwise.

The Professor yanks his glasses more forward on his nose, "Well Mr.Adams, seeing as you think it's hysterical to laugh at Ms. Douglas absents and find it rather acceptable to make snide comments. I feel a form of proper punishment for the whole class is due."

The class responds in allusion, with Blaze and I glare at each other before rolling our eyes in frustration. The Professor really meant business, and from the response of the class, I don't think any of them had such a teacher before.

Annoying frustrations from my classmates came to an end when the Professor began to speak of how the project would include us learn the qualities of what made our classmates follow there passion and love of using an instrument, and how we could communicate with how we feel about each others passion. We would learn about the other person and create a report on them, which would make it easy since Blaz and I are pretty close already.

"I'll be pairing you guys up in a group of two," He glances at each individual student, "I'll place all names into this jar, and every person who grabs a name that's your partner for the rest of the semester."

The classes don't seem impressed by this terrible decision but I felt like it wasn't fair because Blaze and I both didn't laugh.

Blaze suddenly raise his hand, taking the Professor's immediate attention. "Yes, Mr.-"

"Mr.Evergreen." Blaze stands up, "Sir, I feel like it quite unfair for me and my friend here to participate in this as we both didn't laugh."He motions towards me and I feel like shrinking into my chair, ignoring eye contact from the Professor.

The Professor clears his throat, "Mr.Evergreen, I've never had favorites or exceptions and I'm not going to start now."

Blaze looks defeated as he takes his seat again, "I tried." He shrugged his shoulders and sat down with his head braced by the palm of his hand.

I cleared my throat and looked back to see Archer smiling at Blaze and me, winking in the act causing my cheeks to flush with embarrassment.

 "It's fine Blaze, we have other classes together. Thanks for trying though." I say with a smile.

"Ms.Evans," Professor call's me out, "Since you seem adamant to talk, how about you choose first."

I took in a huge gulp of anxiety and basically choked on my own tongue, I look down to Blaze to see his mouth form the words'Sorry' with a sympathetic smile. I begin to walk up to the front of the class. Feeling the gazes of every student and my anxiety goes up again, when I approach the Professors desk, he looks up at me with his wide glasses.

"Go ahead." He spoke shaking the jar and urging me to grab a name.

"We don't have all day." Someone shouted from behind me, demanding the class to laugh.

The Professor cast a glance at the student, and the class halted from laughter and you could almost hear a pin drop. I reach in and grabbed a piece of paper, and my heart basically stopped as I read the slip Archer, Archer Adams was written on the paper.

"Could I go again?" I pleaded, avoiding eye contact from the professor. 

He snickered in response, "As I already told your friend I don't do favorites Ms. Evans," He pauses, "Sat it out loud now."

"Archer Adams." I gulp down.

"Louder deary." 

"Archer," I spoke up, nervousness spiked when I saw the emerging grin approach Archer's face as he glanced up to me.

My heart, it was beating uncontrollably and the look on Blazes faces matched what I felt on the inside. This wasn't what I wanted, I mean he was nice but at the time did nothing to stop Naomi from her awfulness towards both Blaze and me.