00

"Get up." The familiar, annoying voice of my brother whispers.

"What?" I croak out, barely awake.

"It is eight o'clock at night. What are you doing asleep?" Stiles questions, an annoyed look on his face.

"Tomorrow's the first day of school. I want to be awake and prepared." I state. "Now please go away."

"No." Stiles said shortly before picking me up bridal style. Unfortunately for me, he has the strength of a baby chicken so as soon as he took three steps he dropped me.

"Ow." I groan, before glaring at my older brother. "What the heck?!"

"Sorry... Get your shoes on, we're going to Scott's." He said before sprinting out of my room leaving me on the ground.

•••

"What are you doing?" I whisper yelled to Stiles who was currently climbing on top of our best friend's roof.

"Shut up and stay here." He said before disappearing above the roof. Due to my lack of height, I couldn't see anything but the front of Scott's house. I sighed before walking to the front door and knocking.

Seconds later, Scott came out with a bat. "Nina? What are you doing here? Why are you in your pajamas?"

"Why do you have a bat?" I asked, ignoring his questions.

Suddenly, I heard a rustle behind me before a buzz cut head appeared. Scott and I screamed, causing the man to scream as well.

Scott's eyes widened, "Stiles what the hell are you doing?!" He yelled.

"You weren't answering your phone. Why the hell do you have a bat?" His arms flailed around.

"I thought you were a predator." Scott defended before looking towards me. "Why'd you get scared?"

"I wasn't expecting my idiotic brother to appear out of thin air." I explained, pointing towards Stiles, who was still dangling from the roof. "And plus, Scott had a bat so I automatically assumed you were a predator as well."

"A preda-I-wha-look, I know it's late but you gotta hear this. I saw my dad leave twenty minutes ago, dispatched called. They're bringing every officer from beacon department and even state police." Stiles said, excited.

"Then it must be something important. We shouldn't get involved. Can I go back to bed now?" I asked.

"Bed? It's eight thirty." Scott said.

"She's depressed." Stiles explained, causing my mouth to open.

"I'm not depressed!" I defend.

"You're a barely turned fourteen year old, going into tenth grade because you're some weirdo who skipped a grade. You only have two friends, one of them including your brother who is technically forced to talk to you. You're depressed." Stiles explained. Well that really boosted my confidence.

"Don't mind him Neens, he's just picking on you 'cuz you're my favorite." Scott reassured me, causing me to smile. "Why so many officers?"

"Two joggers found a body in the woods." Stiles stated, pulling himself off the roof, surprisingly landing on his feet.

"A dead body?" I squeaked.

"No, a body of water. Yes, you adorable little dumbass, a dead body." Stiles rolled his eyes at me.

"Like murdered?" Scott whispered.

"Nobody knows yet. Just that it was a girl, probably in her twenties." Stiles shook his head.

"That doesn't make any sense." I intervened. "If they found the body, then what are they looking for?"

"That's the best part." Stiles bit his lip, "They only found half. We're going."

He grabbed my arm and pulled me into his grip. He placed one hand over my mouth while the other stayed on my arm.

"Let's go." He said, "before Nina starts yapping about safety."

"I didn't want to go, but I'm not letting you drag Nina out there alone. You'll probably give the poor girl a heart attack." He mumbled, stomping after us.

Stiles shoved me into the back seat, "Sorry, only big boys and girls can sit in the front."

•••

I know what you're thinking ... your other books suck why are you starting another one?!? Well practice makes perfect, and teen wolf was my first ever fandom so I decided to make a fanfiction about it.

So enjoy this short prologue. More will come soon :)