01

Scott held my shoulders, guiding me through the woods as my eyes were glued shut. There was no way I would look at a dead body, let alone a body chopped in two. I heard the two boys chatting about something but I was more focused on keeping my eyes shut.

"I hate coyotes." Stiles said, exasperated.

"Coyotes?!" I yelled only to be shushed by Scott.

"You're idiotic" Stiles said before we heard voices.

"What was that?"

Scott pulled me into his chest and behind a tree, hiding from whoever was in the woods with us. I was visibly shaking from fear, but Scott only pulled me in tighter. Almost like a silent way of saying that he'll protect me. I could feel his breath on the back of my neck, making goosebumps appear on my arms. I was about to ask him to let me go a little bit, shifting and accidentally snapping a twig under my foot.

"Who's out there?" A familiar voice said. Dad. I wriggled in Scott's arms but my brother beat me to it. He stepped out and his arms started flailing in the air. "Woah. Calm down. This delinquent belongs to me."

"Hey dad." I heard Stiles say. I turned to Scott not realizing how close our faces were.

"Let me go." I pleaded to Scott but he only put his hand to my mouth again.

"Scott! Nina! You out there?" The sherif yelled. I whimpered into Scott's hand. I couldn't do this. I didn't want to get in trouble. I pulled away from Scott's grip before running out of the hiding spot.

"Dad!" I yelled. Stiles turned around a look of disappointment and anger on his face. "Dad. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to sneak out but Stiles made me. I just wanted to stay home."

Stiles muttered a list of profanities under his breath while my dad walked towards me, "Thank you, my favorite kid. Now is Scott here?" I opened my mouth to say yes but I saw my brothers glare and shrunk back slightly.

"N-no." I stuttered. "H-he said that he um wanted to get some rest before lacrosse ... I think."

"Alright well let's get you two home." Dad said before rounding everyone up and taking us back to the car. "Stiles please take your sister home without terrorizing her again."

Stiles only nodded before grabbing my arm and roughly jerking me towards the car. "We can't leave Scott out there!"

"Scott will be fine Nina." Stiles muttered, not sparing me a glance.

"Are you mad?"

"Yes Nina I'm mad! You can't do anything that I tell you to do?" Stiles raised his voice at me. It's not like I meant to get him in trouble, I just wasn't comfortable.

"You put me in an uncomfortable situation what was I supposed to do?" I whispered, causing Stiles to finally look at me.

"I'm sorry Nina. You know I wouldn't put you in a dangerous situation, you have to trust me."

We looked at each other as he parked outside the house. I just nodded before he put his hand on my shoulder comfortingly. "Cmon" he said before opening his car door.

I just hope nothing happens to Scott.