5

Kamiya

It was Monday which meant that we had to go back to school. I only have a week left because I'm graduating in January but Jamila has another 5 months. I walk through the hallway and get bumped by the one and only.

I turn to her and grab that same shoulder. I turn her around and she gasps.

"I've been nice because all you do is call the police every time I beat yo ass but if you touch me again I promise you I'll take that month for beating your ass." I said.

She rolled her eyes and her and her friends walked away. I walked to my class and sat in my regular seat. Since we had a substitute I was on my phone texting Jamila.

Jamila- Mikah is so cute!🖤💜

Kamiya- Didn't you say he looked like Rufus from Kim Possible? 🤔

Jamila- That was before he started being all sweet and shit 😍.

Kamiya- Sweet like how?

Jamila- He calls me baby girl, beautiful, and one time he told his friends that I was his girl so they can't mess with me.

Kamiya- Okay boo I see you. 😊 Don't get too excited about it though ain't tryna be an aunt anytime soon.

Jamila- Kids? Fuckin? Oh hell no. I don't need no type of headache or STD. Especially at 16.

Kamiya- Lemme find out you smart.

Jamila- Been smart boo😊

Kamiya- Bye sub eyes starting to wonder.

I slide my phone in my bag and then finish the work.

After School

Me and Jamila were walking home and I saw the same BMW from the other day speed by. Only this time it stopped and backed up towards us.

"Come on." I say grabbing Jamilas hand and walking faster.

"Ayo!" Some nigga yelled.

We kept walking fast until we reached the shortcut we usually take. I look behind us and see that the car was gone. I wish I had a car so shit like this wouldn't happen.

Cameron

I pulled up to my pops house and walked inside. I saw Mikah and his little niggas standing in the kitchen.

"Wassup lil nigga?" I said to him.

"Dad wanna talk to you." He said.

"What for?" I asked.

"Look like I know?" He responded.

"You lucky you a youngin'." I said

"Anyway I'm bout to make Jamila my girl." He told his boys.

"Who that?" I asked.

"Don't you have somewhere to be, damn get outta my shit." He said.

"You better respect your elders." I told him.

"You better respect yo elder and find out what Dad want before he black yo eye again." He said.

"Damn bro what happened? Can't tell me bout some hoe from school?" I asked.

"She ain't no hoe. Don't nobody wanna be like yo sorry ass and fuck with hoes all day." He said.

"You'll understand one day. These bitches only want your money." I told him.