Chapter 6: The Three Garridebs and I Love You

You and the boys walk along a narrow grey walled corridor and turns into a room which is much smaller than the cell. The grey walls, you and Sherlock noticed, were messily daubed with red paint. "Someone's been redecorating." Sherlock said. "Is that allowed?" John asked. "She's literally taken over the asylum. We have more to worry about than her choice of color scheme." You said as you look around the room.

At the far end is a large window, made of three panes of glass, looking out over the sea. A small glass table is a few feet from the window and there is an envelope on it. Mycroft runs his fingers over the paint on the wall and said. "Barely dry. Recent."
"It's for our benefit." said Sherlock as the door behind the four of you shuts and a large screen activates and Eurus appears.

"As a motivator to your continued co-operation, I'm now reconnecting you." She said and she lifts up the remote and clicks it. Moriarty's face appears again and says, in a phoney American accent. "Fasten your seatbelts! It's gonna be a bumpy night." There's a brief screech of static and then the little girl's voice speaks.

"Are-are you there?" She asked.

"Yes, hello? Hello, we're still here. Can you hear us?" Sherlock asked her.

"Yes." She replied.

"Everything's gonna be alright. I just need you to tell me where you are. Outside, is it day or night?" He asked.

"Night." The girl replied.

"That certainly narrows it down to half the planet." Mycroft said, tetchily, folding his arms. Sherlock glares at him as he asked. "What kind of a plane are you on?"

"Um, I don't know." She replied.

"Is it big or small?" John asked her.

"Big." She replied.

"Lots of people on it?" You asked her.

"Lots and lots, but they're all asleep. I can't wake them up." She said.

"Where did you take off from?" Sherlock asked.

"Even the drivers asleep." She continued, ignoring his question.

"No, I understand; but where did you come from? Where did the plane take off?" He asked her.

"My nan's." She replied.

"And where are you going?" You asked her.

"Home." She replied.

"No, she means what airport are you.." Sherlock started to ask but there was a click and Eurus appears on the screen. "Enough for now. Time to play a new game." She said in a sing-song voice as Sherlock turns away in frustration. "Look on the table in front of you." Eurus said, sitting back in her chair. Sherlock and John were standing either side of three glass table while Mycroft stands a few feet away, arms still folded, you were standing next to Sherlock.

"Open the envelope! If you want to speak to the girl again, earn yourself some phone time!" Eurus said, sternly. Putting the pistol on the table, Sherlock grabs the envelope as Mycroft shouts. "This is inhuman; this is insane!"

"Mycroft, we know." John said to him, firmly, as Sherlock takes out the contents from the envelope.

"Six months ago, a man called Evans was murdered; unsolved except by me. He was shot from a distance of three hundred meters with a rifle." She said as Sherlock lays three glossy pictures side by side on the table then a light appeared over his head and he looks up to see a hunting rifle resting in a rack which was attached to the side of the beam. Sherlock stretches up and takes the gun down as Eurus continues.