Chapter 7: This isn't Torture, This is Vivisection

Sherlock sits on the floor with his back against the wall, his legs bent up in front of him and his wrists rest on top of his knees. His head is lowered and staring at the floor in front of him, breathing heavily with a distressed look on his face.

Mycroft stands by the open door, watching his brother. You pull away from John's shoulder as he starts to walk across the room, avoiding the splintered wood lying around, and bends down to pick up the pistol from the floor.

He clears his throat and said. "Look, I know this is difficult and I know you're being tortured, but you have got to keep it together."

"This isn't torture; this is vivisection. We're experiencing science from the perspective of lab rats." Sherlock said, not lifting his head. John grimaces then turns to you then looks back at Sherlock. "Mycroft, I think we need to give them a minute, alone." John said to Mycroft, who nods, and they head towards the doorway, leaving only you and Sherlock alone in the room.

You look around the room before you walked over to Sherlock and squated down next to him. You place your hand over his and he lifts up his head to look at you. "I'm so sorry, (y/n). I...." He started to say but you shake your head. "Don't be sorry. You did what you thought was right. I'm not mad at you." You said. Sherlock stares at you for a moment and placed his hand on your cheek, his thumb stroking it.

"I don't deserve you." He whispered.

You chuckled and said. "That's funny."

"Why?" He asked.

"Because that's how I feel everytime I look at you. I feel like I don't deserve you." You replied.

The two of you stare at each other for a moment before you stand up and hold your hand out to him. He swallows and looks up at you and said. "Soldiers?" You smile and nod. "Soldiers." You stated. He smiles and takes your hand and you help him to his feet.

He takes your face in his hands and leans down and gives you a soft, sweet kiss. "I love you." He said, softly. "I love you, too." You said and the two of you walk towards the door.

"Tick-tock, tickets please!" Moriarty's voice said over the speaker as the four of you walk into another grey walled room with a screen and John hands the gun back to Sherlock.

The strange thing about this room is that there was nothing in this room. "Hey, sis, don't mean to complain but this one's empty. What happened? Did you run out of ideas?" Sherlock asked. The screen flickers on and show Eurus's face.

"It's not empty, Sherlock. You've still got the gun, haven't you? I told you you'd need it, because only three can play the next game. Just three of you go on from here; your choice. It's elimination round. You chose two and kill the other. You have to choose family or friend or love. Mycroft or John or (y/n)?" She said as Sherlock turns to face the three of you and the lights go red again and Moriarty's face appears on screen and he makes ticking sounds again.

"Eurus, enough!" Mycroft shouted as the lights turn white.

"Not yet, I think. But nearly. Remember, there's a plane in the sky and it's not going to land." Eurus said as she appears on screen again, smiling. Mycroft rubs his hands over his face and lowers them and steps forward towards Sherlock. "Well?" He said. "Well, what?" Sherlock asked.

"We're not actually going to discuss this, are we?" Mycroft asked him. He turns his head towards John and said. "I'm sorry, Doctor Watson. You're a fine man on many respects." Then he turns back to Sherlock and said. "Make your goodbyes and shoot him." Your eyes widen and you look over at Mycroft as he points at John and shouts. "Shoot him!"

"What?" You and John asked as John walks closer to him.

"Shoot Doctor Watson. There's no question who has to continue here." Mycroft said.