some things i wish i never knew

( chapter two )

( chapter two )

     He was a man of night terrors and moon kisses, blistering by the roses thorn & the trickling of a blade against flesh. No one particularly liked him besides Farlan & Isabel, but that was never something that bothered him. However, Levi Ackerman was a man of the dirt and grey bricks, so the simple act of feeling the blissful soothe of wind and ferocity of sunlight was considered a dear treasure.

He had darkness looming beneath his eyes, but the purple hues of it weren't from lack of sleep. Levi, in such simple & delicate words: was just tired. While the man had grown to be thankful of never having to be in the depths of the underground, he had thoughts that constantly preoccupied his mind till blank.

The mission was — in some cases — put aside in the five a.m. morning orange seething rise or the booming, the bliss of his friends laughs. The mission was the focus, the goal they had set out & everything else was fading behind ( irrelevant, irrelevant, irrelevant ).

It was he and nature, nature and him. The bickering annoyance of his prick of a squad leader was irking beyond belief — he? an unclean man? Bullshit. He spewed useless words constantly, and Levi wanted to shove his foot in his mouth till he heard the sound of bones cracking. Yet, in the presence of the air grappling his skin & the cold sucking his skin, he found himself looking off into the sky ( stars so bright he couldn't look away ), it, if under different circumstances, would have felt good to be able to see the sky again.

It was any minute now that someone would —

Creak[then] bursts of euphoria ( oh, how he despised ).

"Levi, there you are! Come in, you'll miss dinner!" Farlan yelled, his voice slicing out the mellifluous of his lonesome. He placed his palms onto the shrivelled grass as he got himself up, not bothering to bicker with him tonight over civil matters. Inside was welcoming, putrid of warmth and enjoyment between people — he wanted to gag.

"Big Bro! I saved you some food!" Was the first thing he heard, and he saw the food placed beside Isabel and simply nodded at the girl. He ate the food silently as Farlan talked about uninteresting topics like how they did today: the conversation dull and stale. Other cadets — be they yelling or opening the door for their late friend — were background noise & nothing he particularly thought he was going to zone into anytime soon. Yet, something caught his ear.

Xavier Wess, a promising (but very much so ignorant) cadet who was a mess, mess, mess. Late till almost over he always was to supper, and it was a bother he hadn't learnt his lesson because his friends always saved him food. Sitting down he was, scoffing his food as his friend lectured him — Velvet Cross. A feminine name, yet belonged to a very stoic man, herculean and with good intuition. Velvet didn't like a man like Levi — "He has no dignity, treating that woman so terribly!" He yelled, baffled by what he determined as Levi: the disrespectable! — but the disrespectable! hardly gave a shit.