& suddenly we're just fading

( chapter three )

( chapter three )

A fresh atmosphere hooked. A new day blooming with a sanguine touch dancing by their tips. A clear slate morning; a blissful night. One man seeing the world now as he didn't need anything more, a loyal warmth stuck to him. His eyes remained closed because he suddenly didn't think anything could disrupt him, not even someone out to slay him.

It took an opening of his eyes on a glimpse of the world to take back the latter: For she was not seen / beside his very side, and everything rises to crumble.

At first, it was the clenching desire — need to have her in his proximity: she the vassal to his serenity & without her, it was suffocation. Some putrid bile would rise in his throat, and his eyes would dance with this sudden perplexity. Girl turned angel kept the slouch in his soul & burn in his eyes at bay. He never doted upon the idea of needing someone, he didn't think he did, but she shared his pain & all his soft cruelty that the sight of her made him tingle in purity.

& then, he saw the few missing things, be they a jacket or her bag.

Then, he had putrid bile rise along with an aura of venom. He was no longer a man lying in bed with a single thick blanket on, but one standing on his feet with a hand placed on his blade.

Not even the hair messily in his frame bothered him, the man quickly walking to the door, opening it without hesitation. Levi lifted his blade —

"Ahh, Isabel! You don't put water in!"

Levi's mouth parted in slight shock.

They were trying to cook.

"What the fuck are you two doing?" Levi questioned, eyebrow raised and eyes semi-dull. They were trying to cook. He had no clue what they were trying to make but it was a mess. The table was covered in flour and he witnessed as Isabel held the flour far too tightly, making flour explode out and hit the ceiling.

"Cooking!" Celica justified, finding his tone distasteful, "What the fuck are you doing?" She retaliated, looking at the blades he had been intently holding up. Isabel now actually looked at him, the girl cocking her head to the side, "Yeah, Bro, what are you doing?"

As Levi noticed how Celica was wearing the jacket gone missing and her bag was used for holding the ingredients, he could only let out a subtle sigh, "Nothing."

Levi put the blades off in the room and when looking back, had an analytical glare at the sight of the place. There wasn't a spot in the room that wasn't a mess, be it because it occupied various tools and foods, or because that half the batter was splotched everywhere. It suddenly became aware to him how long it would take to clean this up and he opened his mouth to say something — but he disregarded that idea immediately.

It was when he looked at her that he paused — stuck at the sight of her. She was laughing. Oh, he hated when she laughed. It was the honey bliss to every doomed forsaken day, obliterating all that resentment he carried every day. He could never ruin such a coruscating serenity, it'd be too sinful. And so, he sat at the end of the table, distancing himself from the mess as much as possible as he stayed silent.