[P1]Chapter 27

Christine POV:

I made it to the small drug store. Meg was already in there waiting for me.

When I walked over to her, she hugged me. I laughed and hugged her back, "This is totally not meant in a rude way, but what was that for?"

She opened her mouth to say something, then faltered, "I'll take you home? We can...we can talk in the car..." she said uneasily.

I nodded, and we both walked to the car that was parked close by. We both got in and she started to drive down the road. But she wasn't saying anything, "Are you okay? What was it that you wanted to talk about?"

I watched her grip the steering wheel, then looked over at me, "Chris, I'm really sorry."

My brows furrowed, "For what? Meg, what's going on?"

I've never seen Meg so upset over something. Did something happen with her and her mom again? She used to call late at night about arguments they would have, but she's never been like this before.

"You can tell me anything, just say-"

"I slept with Raoul." She said quickly.

I looked straight ahead, away from her. Did I hear that right?

She continued driving, but she would keep looking at me, "Please say something."

I didn't say anything. I needed to think this through...she slept with Raoul? I honestly had never seen this coming. How do I respond to this? Raoul and I have liked each other since we were young, and it didn't work out between us. I do care for him still, as a friend. And I just slept with Erik, what does that say about me if I express how I feel right now. I haven't thought about Raoul in any sort of romantic way in a fairly long time. My feelings for him are completely gone, and as I've said, I'm sort of with Erik right now...yet there's this feeling inside me that is bothered by the idea of Meg and Raoul doing anything. I can't help but feel as if she just stabbed me in the back. Though I have no right to feel that way. Raoul and I are done...Meg has every right to do whatever she pleases with him.

"Say something." She repeated, "Please."

I let out a quick dry laugh, "I cant."

"Are you mad? Do you hate me? Please don't hate me, Chris. I shouldn't have, it's just..." she faltered again.

"When?" I spoke on auto pilot.

She took a breath, "At the party." She wiped a tear that traveled down her cheek, "After everyone left, I was a little drunk...we both were."

I looked out the window as Meg drove. My mind was everywhere at the moment, trying to think through everything that had just happened to me. I slept with Mr. Destler...I lost my virginity to my 12th grade music teacher. Then my best friend sleeps with my ex-boyfriend.

"I don't feel right." I confessed.

She nodded, "I don't either."

I thought for a moment, "I need a drink."

"Milkshakes?"

"I think something stronger."

°•○●°•○●°•○●°•○●°

"I really thought you'd be bothered by this." Meg admitted as she pulled out a bottle of vodka from my dad's stash in the top cabinet, "I mean...I really thought you were all into Raoul."

"I was." I took the bottle from her and poured some into my cup, "But...I don't know. I mean, he's just not really on my mind, you know? We were never a good match." But Mr. Destler and I...that's chemistry.