Chapter 21

"I present to you, Prince Louis William Tomlinson of Doncaster." Liam announced stepping down from the podium to make place for the young prince.

"I- I want to t-thank every o-one for c-com-ming to-tonight, it was a pl-pleasure having you all here t-to join me f-for my bir-birthday." Louis started his speech, nervously tapping his fingers on his leg. "I know that this is a big night for me, my parents, kind of for all of you as well, I guess."

There were some chuckles heard from all around the ballroom, making Louis blush. He must sound so stupid and insecure, so much like an omega.

"My prince, I don't want to interrupt and be rude but, you kind of need to hurry up a bit." Liam came up behind him.

"I'm sorry, Liam, thank you." Louis whispered back.

"I-I had a nice evening talking to all of you, I hope I didn't miss anyone, if so you must excuse me." Louis tried to find the green eyes, the ones he surely missed this evening. "So, I guess I'll just go on to the part where I like, pick my alpha."

The room turned fully silent, all eyes on the prince who was staring down, still nervous and slightly uncomfortable with all the eyes on him.

"The alpha I pick, truly has a heart of gold I believe, he is smart and strong, as an alpha should be from what books taught me, taught us all.

And as his omega, I should listen and care, trust in my alpha as he is the one to protect me. That too is what we all learned in those hours upon hours of training, to be as perfect as one can possibly be."

Louis took a deep breath, finally finding the green eyes he was looking for. He simply smiled, egging Louis on to carry on with his speech, to not be so scared.

"The alpha, my alpha, is just slightly different though. Don't get me wrong, he is both smart and strong and he will protect me, I'm sure. But he respects me for the omega I am and the person I am. He cares for me, has trust in me. He listens to what I have to say and is willing to follow me, if needed. I'll gladly submit myself, as an omega should, to him, but I know I won't need to, cause in a relationship both should submit. That's why he is much more than an alpha. I believe he is a soulmate."

"Prince, please reveal the name of your alpha."

"My soul mate is Harry Styles."

••••••

Hello everybody!

Yay, Larry is kinda official now!

Questions:
Since y'all probably expected Louis to pick Harry anyway (cause it was damn obvious) I am not going to ask any questions like that.

- How will the other alpha's react?
- How are you liking the story?
- How many chapters do you want?

I've been doubting these chapters a little cause they all feel a bit too much like a filler, so if you think that that's true, comment drama or something, like I wouldn't mind adding some drama here. Or comment whatever you'd want me to put in here, if you want a date night I'll throw in a date night, if you want hard core sex scenes I'll try write them in a non shitty way,

Like I was making some sort of a chapter plan today to see what I still want to integrate in this story (such as the wedding) and I think I can finish this in like 8 chapters, but I could also work it up to another 20 I think. What I could do too is a sequel but idk I've never written a sequel to any of my short stories but I feel this is a pretty long short story, kind of borderline not a short story at all.

Please comment and tell me what you think would work best!

X Emma