Chapter Fifty One

"Yes!" I practically screamed and clapped my hands in the air.

Dante laughed "Finally." he rolled his eyes as I swallowed the M&M in my mouth.

We'd been playing this for about twenty minutes, and this was the first time I'd caught the sweet in my mouth. Dante on the other hand got it in every time, but I didn't expect any less. It was Dante after all.

"Are we done with this now?" Dante said in boredom, although I could see a small smile on his face. He looked like he were enjoying the game earlier, although now he seemed as though he were thinking hard about something.

I ignored it.

"Yes. We are." I smiled with a firm nod.

"Good...because I have to ask you something." Dante said, sitting up properly, propping himself up on the end of the bed. He sounded serious. I knew he had something on his mind.

I gulped nervously, and tried not to show my anxiousness.

"Uh...ok, what is it?" I asked crawling from the top of the bed, to the end where he was sat.

"I need you to sign a contract." he told me.

"What sort of contract?" I said, although I pretty much knew what he meant.

"It's a contract of Omertà, or to put it simply, confidentiality." Dante explained.

"Right now?" I sighed. I was enjoying my time here and I thought all that stuff could be dealt with once we got back.

"I've pushed it back for too long already, I should have done it in the first place but you were clearly overwhelmed." he told me, running his fingers through his hair.

"What does this contract entail?" I asked nervously.

Dante cleared his throat, "I have brought it here. I will get it and give you a chance to read it."

"And if I don't agree with the terms?" I say barely above a whisper. I felt my heart sink already, everything was going so well and I've been snapped into reality by the person who took me away from it. How ironic.

Dante turned to face me, with a sad yet stern expression on his face.

"Just read the contract, gattina." he said, looking at me for a moment longer before getting up and walking out of the room for the second time this evening.

I stared at the door as it shut and felt my body stiffen. What had I gotten myself in to? I thought, my whole body pulsing with anxiety and nausea.

Maybe, I shouldn't have asked Dante to tell me. Why did he tell me? I mean, I insisted but it's Dante. He doesn't allow anybody to control him or tell him what to do.

Unless he wanted me to stay.

After all, that is what he told me I'd have to do.

But you knew before he told you. That you'd have to stay. And you agreed anyway.

I didn't know it would be this serious. Everything he is doing is likely illegal. I have to sign a contract for Gods sake, it doesn't really get more serious than that.

Before I could allow my thoughts to spin out of control, Dante walked back in with a pen in his mouth and, what looked like, a few sheets of paper.

He took the pen out of his mouth as he got closer.

"Here." Dante said as he approached me, holding out the paper and pen.

I gave him a small smile as I took them out of his hand.