Part 3

"I'm inviting you to my party" Ava said with a flirtatious tone

I didn't say anything but just gave her a smile. It was just me and Ava and of course Marni. we were walking to the gym because are class was meeting there for P.e

Me and Marni sat in the bleachers while Ava was with her other friends. I was struggling with whether I should go to Ava's annual school year party, which she threw like every year since we were freshman. I mean I didn't give her an official answer I could still technically back out.

"So you going to that party?" I said looking  for a reaction out of Marni

She just leaned back into the bleachers and gave me a shrug. She was tired. I knew Marni well and could tell when school got the best of her, but this time it was a different type of tired. The type of tired you become pinning after Ava all day. 

I looked around the bleachers and my eyes stopped on Alex. She was with her sophomore friends and was laughing about something. It was weird to see her with friends, not that i didn't think she had any.

I slowly got up from my seat on the bleachers and stretched a little

"where are you going?" Marni said looking up at me

"i'm..I think i'm going to ask Alex if she got invited to the party?" I said thinking of any excuse to get my mind off Ava

"of course she did, Ava invited the whole team" 

I felt a little hurt by her words even thought they weren't meant to hurt. I mean I knew Ava and I weren't that close, but I didn't want to think she just invited me because we were part of a team.

"Hey" I said making my way up to Alex

"Hi" she said backing out of her conversation with her friends

"are you going to Ava's party?" I said looking hopeful

she scrunched her nose and you could see her eyes beginning to think

"i'm not really close to Ava" she said just leaving it at that

"right..me too" I said coming to a sad reality

after talking to Alex for a while, I made my way back to Marni who was now talking to Ava again

"Hey, guys" I said looking into Ava's eyes specifically 

"hey, Liv" she said a little groggily

she also looked a little tired. She leaned on the bleachers rolling up her jeans. She was wearing light blue skinny jeans and a faded red crop top with a small gold necklace. She looked aesthetically pleasing maybe because she was a very fashionable person or because she was showing her very tan skin.

"Liv!!" Ava said waking me out of my thoughts

"ye..yeah" I croaked out. Oh no..i'm turning into a teenage boy

"You never gave me an answer" she said scooting closer to me

I just looked at her like a deer caught in the headlights. Yes? Or No?, Should I stay or should I go?...To be or not to be. I was seriously doubting my entire existence.

"here" she said giving me an invitation as the bell rang. 

the gym was already half way to being empty and I was still frozen staring at her invitation.

RSVP: This Thursday

This Thursday!!... It was only Wednesday."I didn't need to go" I thought... I mean did I really need to go, Alex wasn't going and Marni wasn't too thrilled. I could stay home and watch Netflix & tell everybody I was too sick to leave my bed or that my cat died, since I didn't have one anyways.

It was Thursday night and I was finally happy that I decided to NOT go. I was laying on my bed finishing my english homework. The party was Saturday and I felt like a weight had been taken off my shoulders.

My phone started buzzing, and even though I was trying to finish my homework I still had the sudden urge to check it. It's not like I get texted often.

I unlocked my code and my phone lit up with the name Ava. She texted me? yeah Ava had my number... but it wasn't a regular occurrence that she would text me during her leisure time.

Ava: Liv, are you still coming to the party? you didn't RSVP

Fuck...I felt like I was melting from the inside out, my room was getting hot or was it spinning? both maybe ...I don't Know. I looked down at my phone a couple times, don't you do it Liv, you said NO.

Before I could realize what I was doing I texted her back

Liv: Of course

Ava: Great.

Yes, it was over 

Ava: And Liv, bring a swim suit

A SWIM SUIT..ME IN A SWIM SUIT? HER IN A SWIM SUIT. This was too much, I had just stopped feeling like I was melted, and now I felt like one of those poor lobsters that didn't know what was coming when their left in the boiling pan.

I threw my homework on the other side of the bed, tonight I was just going to sleep.