Prince Charming...Not

I felt like a lost child as I stumbled around the forest, leaning against trees and crying before pushing myself onward. I had to get as far away as possible. I couldn't stand seeing anybody. How could maverick do this to me? Our wedding was only three days away...I had finally agreed on a date, and what did he do?

My hands clenched in fists. So much anger and frustration was making my blood booil with rage. The bastard had cheated on me. Stopping I looked down at my ring finger, my lip curling in disgust as I looked down at the small ring adorning my finger. With an enraged snarl I tugged it off my finger. I flipped the cold silver in my hand before hurling it out.

I didn't look to see where it landed, I only turned and stomped off in the other direction. The wind whistled through the trees, buffeting my face and grabbing at my hair. I looked up to the sunny sky and felt hears run down my face. Why did the Gods hate me? Did I do something wrong? Perhaps they had frowned upon Maverick and I's marriage and this was their way of breaking us up.

"Elliot!" There was a voice on the wind, one I did not recognize.

The pestering voice called out my name again, begging me to stop. I growled and spun around, seeing Prince Peter running after me. I wiped at my eyes furiously, hoping they weren't too red or swollen. As he closed the distance I dropped to my knees, bowing with respect. My cheek still tingled from where Maverick had hit me and i had no intention of being beaten by the Prince for disobiedence.

"Prince peter," My voice stammered on his name, "forgive me. If I had known it was you who had been following me i would of stopped." I pleaded.

A warm and firm hand gripped my arm, gently pulling me back to my feet. I kept my eyes down cast as the Prince looked at my face. "There is no need to apologize. I should be the one saying sorry."

I looked up at him quickly, "Huh? Why would you apologize to me, you've done nothing wrong." it told him.

His warm smiled stirred feelings deep in my core, the hairs on the back of my neck raising ever so slightly. "Well, I'm apologizing for my sister's behavior. I am so ashamed to be related to her." He chuckled.

I looked down at the ground once more as he reminded me of why I was out here. Hearing thunder in the distance I knew a storm would break and let rain down soon. A finger was hooked under my chin, tilting my face to look at the Prince. He smiled at me out of smypathy. I didn't need his pity or smypathy. 

I wrenched my chin free of his hand and turned, stomping off once more. "Good day, your highness." I snapped back at him sharply.

I followed an old hunting trail, kicking at the sticks and leaves in my path. Rain gently began dripping down, a chorus of sounds following. The pit pat of fat droplets on leaves. it was relaxing for a while. My dress was getting ruined, but I didn't care.

My birthmark burned, stopping me in my tracks. I leaned on a tree for support, gasping at the pain. I looked around, looking for the man 'responsible' for the clover shaped mark that was searing it's way through my bones.

"Show yourself!" I demanded.