Are you lying to me?

"Show myself? Darling, I've always been here." Came the voice.

"Stop playing around with me! If you want something, just ask." I snarled, just wanting whoever it was to leave me alone.

The trees swayed with the wind, grass reaching and dancing, and the birds taking off into an unstartled flight. A humid fog seemed to thicken the air as a patch of grass swirled in the opposite direction, producing the dark and now hooded figure.

"Honestly, my sweet child. If I had wanted something, I would of asked. If I had wanted to know something, I would of asked. You cannot lie." He said to me in his sickly sweet voice.

"I am not yours." I said tensly through my teeth, glaring at him as my hands clenched in and out of fists.

"Are you afraid of me?" Asked the man, devious green eyes showing intensly from the shadow of his robe. "Do you fear I know your secret?" I flinched as he abruptly let out a deep laugh. "I gave you that mark. And I gave you your curse." He rasped, voice sending chills up my spine.

"Yes." I whispered, forced to answer the questions before hand. "I want to know why. Why would you curse someone with such an awful spell?" I squeaked, tears burning my eyes and running down my face. But I held my chin high, defying his powerful presence.

"To save your life." He answered simply.

"Please, take it back." Begging was nothing to be ashamed of and I had every right to beg this man for freedom.

"I can't do that." The man said quickly, approaching me. "Only you can break the spell, only you are strong enough to do so."

"Why do you hide your face?" I asked now, hoping it would catch him off guard. "I have seen it before, stranger. Why hide it now?"

I could hear the smile in his voice as he answered. "It was a tad chilly, didn't want my ears frosting up."

He out stretched a hand to touch my hair. Swiftly, I stepped backwards, grabbing my bow- that I had left at home- so instead only grabbed a fistful of air.

"Looking for something?' He chided smugly.

I stepped back again. "You speak in my mind. I hear your voice." I swallowed down my fear. "I rememeber hearing it as a young girl when i was first learning to hunt. You told me where to find my first bow."

"Indeed, I did." Said he.

"I must know why you have been following me around all my life. I demand to know why." I stood my ground, for now.

Silly girl, you can't order me around

And with that silent comment, was gone as another breeze picked up. I was left, shivering in the fog, confused frustrated and angry with my current situation. I needed to return home, but the thought of seeing Maverick again made my stomach curl with sickness. I could not face him or the rest of the village.

Who would believe the girl who couldnt lie?