Capter 9

Recap

The last thing that I hear before I pass out is Ian yelling and Jara screeching.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~<<~<~~~<<<<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All of a sudden I'm in a forest clearing. I look around and see a huge castle covered in ivy sitting atop a mountain in the distance. It's not to far so I decide to walk there. Maybe someone can tell me where I am. I begin my journey.

I've been walking for about and hour and I'm at the base of the mountain. I just don't know how to get to the top. I hear a loud screech from behind me and I turn. A large sapphire blue dragon is flying below the clouds. This dragon seems familiar but I don't know why. It lands beside me and lays down as if to say 'get on' . I put my foot on its wing joint and pull myself up. Once I'm on the dragon takes off and we reach the top of the mountain in about 5 minutes. It lands and I get off but before I can thank it it's gone. I turn to the castle entrance and walk up to the doors. I pull the door open and walk in.

"Kai!" I hear someone yelling." Kai are you ok?!" I open my eyes. As they adjust to the light I see Ian looking worriedly down at me. I blink a couple times. "What happened?" I ask, my voice sounds dry and raspy. "You collapsed in history last week" "last week?" I whisper, my voice barley audible. He nods. I look around the room and realize that I don't see Jara anywhere. "Where's Jara?" I ask Ian. "Don't worry she got to big for the room so she's in the rooftop stables now" I nod, processing this new information."How big?" I ask him curiously."Almost full grown" He informs me."Wow" I sit up. A healer that I never noticed rushed up and pushed me down onto the bed."You need to rest" She says. I glare up at her."i'm fine" I growl. And I mean actually growl like an animal. She looks at me fearfully before scurrying out of the room. Ian looks at me "Maybe she's right, you hit your head pretty hard when you passed out""I want to see Jara" I say. He gives me a guilty look "I'm sorry but I can't let you leave. I don't want you getting hurt again"I sigh"Ian I'm fine. Besides I can take care of myself" " I know I just..." "You just what?""Never mind, I'll tell the healer that you left but don't overdo it" "Don't worry I won't" I walk to the door and turn to Ian"Thanks for taking care of me" I walk out the door and try to remember if anyone ever told me were the rooftop stables where. Then I remember rooftop stables are probably on the roof. I find the stairs to the roof and slowly walk up them. As I reach the door to the roof someone taps my shoulder. I turn around and see the girl from before, I think her name is Eve, standing there. She smiles at me. "How are you doing?" "I'm doing fine thanks for asking" "Where are you headed?" "I'm going to see Jara"I inform her. "OK well I won't keep you, see you  around."I think her and turn back to the door. I pull the door open and walk outside onto the rooftop the crisp air brushing against my cheeks. I walk along the stables looking for the bright sapphire dragon. I hear a strange whistling noise and turn to find it source. I find Jara sitting in a large straw nest. She seems to be whistling to her self and I find this kind of strange.I didn't know dragons could whistle. She notices me and lets out a happy squeak. I giggle as she comes up and licks my nose her head is literally the size of my body.I gasp at how large she's gotten.(Jara up top). I open the small gate at the front of her pen and walk in. I sit down next to her and start whistling a song that my dad taught me. I'm amazed when Jara begins whistling the same tune. I was whistle one long note and Jara repeats it back to me. I get an idea. I walk out of her pen and stand at the edge of the roof. I whistle the same note and step of the side.