Human

Several weeks into the investigation and there was a sharp sense of deja vu that hit Light. More and more evidence kept piling up to support the simple claim L had previously made. More and more, and more, and then L became the new lead investigator. Well, Light knew that was inevitable from the start.
So when the second murder took place, being at least a good 5 times more gruesome than the first, the entire crew looked upon the lead investigator for an answer.
This location, Light recalled, also wasn't that far from the apartment he lived in currently. The victim? 19 year old Darren Ding who lived alone. He was found in his bedroom the next day, with 10 stab wounds in seemingly random places on his chest. On both of his feet, the big toes and ones directly next to them were severed off, and on his hands the word 'generation' was spelled, with a letter on each finger starting from the right pinky all the way to the left. Time of death was exactly 1:59.
Now, this could have been completely unrelated to Carly Clue's death, but both murders had one thing in similar, there were no finger prints, yet the blood was all completely intact. That was what lead Light to believe that the same murderer killed Ding. That and the fact that the missing diary of Carly Clue was put in the hands of Darren, after he had died.

-

"B-but sir, you need to take a close look at the body in order to know that-"
"Okay, then. Set up a time I can go visit today. And ah, bring me some more cake would you?" L passed the empty plate to the man before him and delicately picked up a file labeled 'Darren Ding'.
"Ahh...Ryuzaki sir...?" A familiar voice startled L as he lowered the papers he was reading. It was Light.
"Oh, Light it's you. I didn't know you joined this case. Or that you passed away." He managed while shoving cake into his mouth.
"Yeah...I did, but I wanted to talk to you about the word on Ding's fingers,"
"So you've figured it out have you? That the hands and the feet correlate?"
"Ah, yes." Light gulped, feeling very unuseful,"if you look at the toes that have been cut off and read those letters from the hands, it spells 'erat'..."
"Yes, 'erat' or 'tare' spelled backwards."
"Ahh, of course, I didn't think of it like that..."
"But Light, If you're gonna work on this investigation alongside me, you must be more careful while analyzing things."
"...of course L-"
"Ryuzaki."
"But why? We aren't even in that world anymore..."
"That is correct, but think of it this way: if we were resurrected intothis world, wht are the chances that a villain that I might of sent to execution wasn't? And if they know that I am L, or at least suspect it to the smallest amount, think of how catastrophic it could be!" He explained all the while gesturing crazily with wide eyes.
"R-right," Light decided to leave this matter at that. "So...I also wanted to ask, what does 'tare' mean? In relation to the case I mean."
"Tare was what it spelled, and the time of death was 1:59 correct?"
"Yes... Tare...159...?" Light tried to make sense of it.
"Think Light! Think! Use all that Kira brain power!" And at the mention of 'Kira' Light grimaced a little. L didn't seem to notice.
"Wait. 159 Tare Court. Isn't that a house address?"
"There we go! The genius is slowly returning to us." L commented with a small smile.