Chapter 1

2 years later

"Daddy."

Youngjae's sleeping form didn't even budge as a little girl with a (h/c) mop of hair roughly shook his arm.

"Daddy, wake up!" The girl had shouted this time, but with no avail as the adult male under the white duvet still didn't look to be waking up anytime soon.

"I'm going to be late for my first day of school!"

Silence.

She slumped her shoulders in defeat and sat crisscrossed on the floor. As she  was thinking of new ways to wake up her sleeping father, a doorbell sounded throughout the apartment.

The (h/c) exited the room and went to go see who was visiting their residence at such an early hour. Because she was too short to look through the peephole, she pulled up a chair she managed to drag with her from the kitchen. When she saw who was standing out there door, she let out a soft squeal and threw the door open.

"Daddy! You're here!"

Who was at the door, you ask? Well, it's none other than I'm Jaebum, or JB for short.

"Hey, princess." He picked her up and hugged her tight.

"Where's your dad?" JB asked as he scanned the room for the younger male. Judging by his daughter not being dressed for school yet and the low growl that had come from her stomach, he could already guess that Youngjae wasn't even up yet.

"I tried to wake him up, but he wouldn't," she said, a cute pout forming on her face. JB inwardly squealed at the sight of her adorableness, something that he would never admit to anyone.

"Ok (Y/n). Why don't you go change into your uniform, while I make you breakfast."

"Okay!" JB set the little girl down again, and she quickly went to go change.

He went into the kitchen and glanced at the wall clock to see how much time he had, only to have his eyes pop out of their sockets when he realized they only had 10 minutes before school started. JB started to panic. (Y/n)'s school was a 5 minute drive from here, meaning they only had 5 minutes left before they had to leave.

"Looks like it's gonna have to be toast for breakfast," JB said to himself. He popped in a couple pieces of bread and went to go check up on (Y/n).

"Daddy! Daddy won't let me go!"

JB rushed into Youngjae's room, only for his eyes to narrow at his ex-lover hugging the little girl in his sleep. She was obviously trying to break free, but his strength overpowered hers. He strode up to the duo and attempted to pry the man's arms off. He punched the man's chest when he heard him giggle, indicating that he wasn't asleep at all.

"Yah! Youngjae!"

Knowing he was already figured out, he opened his eyes and released the little girl.

"Good morning~"

"No. No it is not a good morning. Because of you, we lost some time, and now we only have--" He took one glance at the electronic alarm clock on the bedside table and immediately fled the room.

"(Y/n), get your stuff! We're gonna be late!" Obeying her dad's words, she scurried out of the room to get ready.

"Late? Late for what..." Youngjae let the thought sink before finally remembered what day it was.