The Charm

"Slow down!" Hermione yelled as she chased after Harry and Ron. They were laughing as they raced to the Room of Requirement. Christmas break was over and it was time for their first DA meeting of the new year. They had all stayed with the Weasleys over break and had an amazing time.  Although they all loved Christmas, it felt amazing to be back. Even Ron had missed being at school.

    When they reached the stretch of wall hiding the door to the room, Harry walked back and forth three times and thought of the perfect area for dueling. The door appeared, and they entered quickly. They all still gaped a little when they entered. No matter how long they had been at Hogwarts they still were amazed by it's many secrets. Harry ran over to a chair that was sitting in the corner and plopped down rather dramatically. "It feels so good to be home!" he yelled. Seconds later Ginny ran in followed by Fred, George, Luna, Neville, Cho Chang, and Cedric. "Lets get this party started!" yelled Fred as he ran to the corner where the trio were standing.

     An hour later the group were practicing dueling. Ron and Harry were partnered up and they were really getting into it. "Flipendo!"  Harry shouted. Ron quickly dodged and aimed his wand at Harry. "Levicorpus!" he exclaimed. Harry tried to dodge, but stumbled. The spell barely missed him as he tried to catch his balance. Ron took this as his opportunity to go for the win. Ron quickly thought of a spell he had seen written in one of Hermione's notebooks. "Memoria!"  he shouted. The spell hit Harry in the chest and there was a loud crack.

       Suddenly, they were no longer in the Room of Requirement. The members of the DA were in an unfamiliar sitting room. In front of them was a young couple playing with a small baby. Hermione turned to Ron with a look of horror on her face. "You didn't!' she exclaimed, the dread obvious in her voice. "What happened!?" Cedric asked frantically. "Ron used the Memoria spell on Harry!" seeing the confused looks in everyone's faces she continued. "The spell takes anyone who was within a certain distance of the victim through the memories of that person. When Ron hit Harry with that curse, it transported everyone who was in the Room of Requirement back to the first important moment in his life." "WHAT!?" Ron exclaimed, "HOW DO WE GET BACK TO OUR TIME!?" "We have to travel through Harry's life up until the moment that he was hit with the curse. Then we will be released." Hermione stated. "But wont we be grown up by the time we are released?" Cho asked. "No. It only feels to us like we are traveling through his whole life. In reality, we will only be knocked out for about a week." Everyone visibly relaxed at Hermione's words. Fred suddenly noticed that there was one person who hadn't seemed to be interested in Hermione's explanation. Everyone else realized this as well, and they all looked over to Harry. What they saw broke their hearts. Harry was kneeling down on the ground a few feet from the couple. They realized with a start who these people must be, and who that baby must be. They all watched as a silent tear rolled down Harry's cheek.

   "Mom. Dad." he whispered to himself. Then he broke down.