FIVE.

CHAPTER FIVE: Alec's Little Bitch

"Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself."

____

____

"You were supposed to protect him!"

"Ugh, these mundanes are killing me." Jace mumbled, chasing after the hot head known as Clary while she obnoxiously shouting Simon like he's just gonna be chilling behind a bush.

Alec, Izzy and Athena followed after the two silently with weapons drawn. Simon either left the van and got lost, or someone took him. The latter seemed to be the the option everyone was sticking with.

"Simon! No, Simon." Clary shouted, she put her hands on her head. Clary couldn't believe that all of this was happening to her. How did she go from a regular girl doing average things to being an evil masterminds daughter with a supernatural background.

"Is that the mundanes name?"

Athena's head snapped up at the familiar voice. There, stood on the knock off suicide bridge, was none other than Raphael Santiago holding Simon up by his feet and dangling him over the side. "I'm afraid Simon's coming with us." Raphael said, not even sparing Athena a second glance. You could say after the whole Trial By The Sword thing, things weren't so good between the two.

"No, he's not apart of this!" Clary cried, running forwards only to be held back b Jace.

"It'll be my pleasure to kill you unless you return him now," Jace growled.

"Careful," Alec grabbed him, "We'd be violating the accords."

"I'm afraid your sidekicks quite right. The Night Children haven't broken any of the laws, we're negotiating. The mundane, unharmed, in exchange for the Mortal Cup. The clock is ticking. Tick tock people."

The next moment happened in slow motion. Athena drew out a dagger from the waistband of her leather jeans, throwing it at the place Raphael's head would've been. She watched in anticipation as the perfect arch of her dagger flew through the air.

But he was gone before anything could happen.

____

"I still don't understand. How can Shadowhunters be better than what you people call mundanes?"

All four Shadowhunters followed Clary into the institute. What was supposed to be a small mission to find Dot, turned into a shit storm. Once the Clave found out about a mundane under their watch being taken, they'll all be dead.