Chapter 5 : Surprise

A/N: Brea's mom, Elrica Kendra in the pic! 

                                                                                                               No ripping(;  © GreenBookMonster

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 5 : Surprise

It's history class now, just a hall down, man, all these back-to-back humanities subjects are lullaby lessons. I picked a seat somewhere to the left in the back row and dumped my bag down, digging out my notebook and pens. It's like a vortex in there, where the hell did my notebook went? As I was digging through my bag furiously, "Oh, hey! You're the ner-, uh girl from yesterday!", a cheery voice beside me said.

I looked up, and my eyes widened. Holy, its one of them --The Kings! The one with the hot bod! Wait. All of the 5 have hot bods, he's the adorable blonde!

"You remembered me?" I asked. Unbelievable, what did I do to deserve such misery? I want to lead a quiet life! "Yeah, anyone Derrick has eyes on, is worth remembering." he smirked as he pulled back the chair of the table next to mine and sat down. Ugh the Derrick guy again? Why is it always Derrick here, derrick there?

"Uh I think he just mistook me for someone else, not what you're thinking, after all, I'm just a nerd." I shrugged. "Nah I doubt so, Derrick pays no attention to normal nerds ha ha" he chuckled. I froze. Did he found out already? "So whats your name?" he turned to face me, "Brea, Kendra." I said half coldly, facing the front. Noticing all the venomous glares directed at me, I cringed inwardly and bit my lip, "Elliot, Elliot Chase. I hope we can get to know each other better, Brea." He gave me an cute grin and faced the front.

Whoa! That grin. Whoo, composure lady, composure. I pretended to be unfazed about it and carry on paying attention to class. Apparently it was not as easy to appear unfazed while sitting beside one of the school's hottie. "Miss Kendra!  As a recap on your middle school history, would you like to enlighten us on the methods Hitler used control his people?" Great. Mrs Morgan just had to pick the perfect moment, when I was spacing out. "Uh.." I said as everyone turned to look at me.

"Please stand please stand, I'm sure you heard me going through that with the class, now would you tell us?" She gestured with her hands for me to stand, I stood up, feeling desperate, damn, what was the methods again? My mind totally blanked out at that question, forgetting middle school history for a moment.

"Psst!" Elliot signaled to me quietly, I gave him a side glance as I saw him mouth "Prop-a-gan-da". Oh right, I cleared my throat, "Hitler used Propaganda on his people." I said, trying to act confident. Halfway realizing and hoping that Elliot hadn't gave me the wrong answer to make me a laughing stock. "Fantastic Miss Kendra, that was exactly what Hitler did! Thank you, now please take a seat." She applauded and carried on with her lesson.

Phew, thank god. Oh yeah, Elliot. "Thanks a bunch." I scribbled on the next page of my notebook and ripped it out, folded it into four and quickly slipped it onto Elliot's desk when Mrs Morgan faced the Blackboard. He reached for the note and gave a tiny grin after reading it and soon, the paper was back on my desk. "No problem, lucky you, I'm good in History(;" We pretty much ended up passing sly notes when the teacher and other students weren't looking, throughout history lesson.

Me: "You sure don't look like the studious type." 

Elliot: "Whats that supposed to mean?! D:" 

Me:"I thought u were a typical jock , no offense"

Elliot: "Yeah i know, jk <:  u weak in history?" 

Me: "Probably, missed out quite a few lessons"

Elliot: "I can help u, if u want?"

Me: "Seriously? :O"

Elliot: "Yeah why not?"

Me: "Ok..."

Elliot: "When r u free? Im ok with tmr aft sch."

Me: "Im free tmr aft sch too, tmr then?" 

Elliot: "Sure thing, uh, 321-235-983, text me, we'll decide whr to go."

Me: "Thanks.."

Elliot: "(;"

Just after that conversation we had, the bell ringed, and I crushed the little note into my bag.  Elliot gave me a little wave, careful to hide it from the girls in our class. He must have found out that I didn't wish to attract attention after that cold reply when he asked for my name.

Passing notes in class sure made me remember some good times I had in school. Looks like he's got the looks, the brains, the skills and he is also a sensitive easy going guy. Swear I was extremely surprised when he volunteered to tutor me for history and even gave the current me his phone number! Like that Melissa girl said, he was pretty adorable and hard to dislike.

But yet again it may be like he said--he was interested in me because Derrick was. Sure I appreciate savoring eye candies, but I've never ever fell for guys easily and Elliot is definitely not an exception, even if he is gorgeous, love is not my thing.

Next was Bio, I had almost forgotten all about Melissa until I saw her waving frantically at me and patting the stool beside her, signalling for me to join her. "Sup!" she smiled proudly as I pulled out the stool and sat down, probably happy that I didn't ignore her. "Hey." I replied giving her a slight smile, careful not to draw out praises from her.

"Our Bio teacher, Mr Harris, is on sick leave today! Instead he left us a pair assignment to complete.." and she carried on briefing me about it, by the end of the lesson we had a few parts left and decided that she will come over to my house sometime this week to complete it as she had club activities today and I have a..study session tomorrow.