Under the Bed

I snuggled into my covers their warmth drowning all the fear away. I remembered my parents telling me that if I didn't go to their room tonight I'd get 10 bucks. 10 Bucks! I've never had that much before. I smiled and snuggled deeper into the comforters.

As my eyes became heavy and I could feel the dreams of new adventures coming over my in a wave, then I heard it.

Knock.

I bolted up in bed and faced the direction the sound came from. I listened.

Knock.

It was louder this time and I looked to the window. I saw a figure... no never mind it was just some trees...

Knock

"Hello?..." I called out in a small childlike voice, too scared to touch my feet to the icy floor, fearing something might grab me.

No reply.

I cleared my throat and tried to sound more grown up. "Hello? I-is anyone there?"

Nothing.

I got a little creeped out but figured it was a mouse or something so I rolled back into bed trying to ignore the sound that I had heard.

Wind from the screen whipped my curtains in a rhythmic pattern that lured me back into my prefect dream world. I smiled...I wonder what I'll buy when I wake up...I thought to myself.

***

The next morning I woke up to the empty eyes of my parents starting at me. Gorged out by the unknown, a five dollar bill lay on the laps of each. On my bed lay a single pale sheet of paper with the words "With the knocks on the wall you came to stall but I made your dreams come to life, nightmarishly real, undyingly true, here is my ten dollars just for you..."

As tears fell down my face at the hellish sight in front of me, a loud dry laugh echoed from underneath my bed. I covered my mouth to stop my self from screaming when a grey dark hand reached out from under my bed and pulled my fathers hand to the ground... as soon as the knuckles touched the floor...the last thing I heard was...

Knock.

The Quickly Ended जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें