unlike situations

"why do you always put me in a desperate situation Madhu?" mallik asks his daughter irately. " now what is this new found problem of yours?" Madhu asked her dad without glancing up from her laptop. "did you tell roma that from tomorrow you'd be going in your collage bus and rejected her lift?"

"simplistically yes. I told her I'm not a kid anymore for someone to tail me till collage and back home. And unlike you she seemed very understanding" .

"you're going to go alone in your collage bus? everyday? Do you even understand the consequences of this wild decision of yours?" he asked shocked. He was tired of trying to get some brains into his daughter's selectively permeable head. "daddy my boy, if you didn't know it's not just me who travels by bus. there would be other students too. And no one is going to do anything to me. I know to take care of myself. And stop trying to be a control freak. Doesn't suit you" she said shaking her head.

"I'm not being a control freak" mallik said offended. "I'm just being protective of my daughter. Why don't you understand Madhu. The world is not how think it is. You're unaware of the dangers hidden out there"

"I know. I'm not blind or deaf in that matter to not notice what's happening around. And how will I get to know if you desire to keep me cooped up cocooned in this house? I need to go out and get to know people" she reasoned.

"that's not what I meant. You're not understanding, Madhu you can't just go out without enough protection and precautions. The men nowadays are waiting to get a girl alone to have their way with them", "why don't you appoint some henchmen for me then?" she mocked and before mallik could revolt back continued "I should've got you remarried long before. You being single is the main reason I'm having to put up with all your tantrums. I've registered in a matrimonial site and invited proposals according to my preferences. If I go with your expectations then I would've had to go way back in history and search for a woman from the dark ages."

"what the hell! You've registered on a matrimonial site? That too for me? When did you do all this?" mallik asked perplexed though he couldn't stop that blush unknowingly creep up his cheek.

"what did you think I was doing all this while?" Madhu asked cheekily grinning at him as she turned the laptop towards her dad.

"why do you always put me in a desperate situation dad?" Rk asked his father helplessly.

"why is it that you're having problem in getting married" mohan asked confused.

"I don't have a problem with marriage but I was not informed of this proposal till today morning and you're telling me that we are going to their house tomorrow to fix my wedding. You didn't think its necessary to get my consent in this matter?" Rk accused him hurt at being ignored.

"rishu, swetha is a very nice girl. Beautiful, educated and a well mannered sanskaari girl. Moreover she's my best friend's daughter. How can I reject such a wonderful proposal for you?"

"when did we start this custom of proposal in our family?"

"well you never told us whether you like anyone so we were forced to take such a decision so that our son won't remain a bachelor for life" mohan said and saw Radha entering the room.

"you too mom?" Rk turned his mom directing his accusation at her.

"don't include me in this squabble rishu. I did tell him to ask your opinion first. When has he ever listened to me?"

"I wanted to find my life partner for myself. You guys knew that. true I was busy with our family business for the past three years and the thought of marriage never crossed my mind but I did want to solely posses the right of deciding on it"

"fine" mohan said giving up. "we wont decide on your marriage but can we atleast go and meet the girl? Coz I've told them we'd be going there tomorrow. We'll proceed with this further only if you approve"

"alright I'll come. But don't think that you can try emotionally blackmail me infront of them. I can very well run away from there embarrassing you to no extend" rk warned him.

Pls vote n comment