Conversations

Though he despised the idea with his very being, Rk found himself at amitav sinha's luxurious bungalow the very next day . mohan was surprised that RK still didn't show any enthusiasm towards this proposal even after seeing swetha's pic. He had just taken a millisecond glance at it and simply discarded it on the table. He was clearly disinterested.

Now he was unwillingly placed as a showpiece infront of the sinha household. His laadli behen and bhaabi had taken extra care to highlight his looks which added up to his displeasure. As if they were decking up a newlywed bride. Amitav appreciatively looked at the young man in his late twenties , very elegantly seated opposite to him. He was an epitome of male beauty with a well toned body , chiseled muscles visible through the tight linen fabric of a t shirt he wore, soft and silky dark hair you'd mistake for layers of smooth chocolate, dark brown orbs that could make any girl feel the depth of the ocean and a gorgeous visage any man would die to own. He was blessed with looks and skills both. And moreover he was the sole heir to the vast kundra empire , the reason amitav had neglected on giving a second thought before proceeding with his only daughter's proposal for Rishab.

Rk was very much unaware of this man's thought process. Throughout the whole affair he had his eyes cast down as he pretended to be oblivious to the surrounding and cheerful chattering of the female species of both families. For a fleeting second had he just glanced at the girl clad in a green sleeveless, backless knee length frock , seated between her parents and had promptly turned his attention back to his shoes. He had just recently bought them. They did go well with the black jeans, red t shirt and a brown leather jacket over it , with a grey scarf wrapped around his neck. Radha couldn't bring herself to like the girl much. She had expected her to appear in a traditional outfit considering the occasion but seeing her clad in a very much revealing western clothes infront of so many elders, and the way she kept eyeing her son in a not so acceptable way she began to doubt her husband's preference. "so what do you have to say about swetha Radha?" mohan asked her expectantly. "my opinion solely depends upon Rishab's approval" she played the card smartly. She didn't feel it accurate to show her disapproval directly and insult her husband. She couldn't give him false hopes either so this was a safe play. Rishab's face had dissatisfaction imprinted on it. She knew her son wouldn't conclude into a wrong decision.

"who wouldn't approve of swetha. Rishu is still on his shy mode to open up about it" mohan commented feigning a chuckle earning a death glare from rk which quietened him. "can you permit me to have a talk with your daughter , uncle?" rk asked amitav who watched him amazed. "sure Rishab. Why do you ask? And you can call her swetha. Soon you'd be a married couple anyway" amitav replied smugly. "I'm sorry to say this uncle but I'm unable to assure you on the last part" rk politely replied wiping out their smiles. "could we go somewhere else, for privacy?" Rk asked swetha. Swetha who looked bewildered , sobering up nodded and led him to her bedroom. Rk looked around the highly furnished room which screamed luxury with every bit. Scratching his forehead, He turned to swetha who kept looking at him expectantly. "this is your bedroom?" he asked. "yes..." she slyly drawled advancing towards him. "from the walls to the small flower on that vase, is set up according to my taste" she said. Seeing her moving towards him, he took a step back. "your garden would've provided a better atmosphere to talk" he said . "my room is better than any place on this earth. And did you just say you want to talk? What for you mentioned privacy?" she asked confused and a bit irritated. "to have a talk with you ofcourse" he replied confused at her confusion. "just talk?" she again probed. "yes. Just to talk" he clarified understanding her intention. "I just wanted to have this conversation with you to make it clear to you that I'm not willing to take this proposal any further. I'm sure you'll be able to find an apt suitor for you excluding me as I feel neither I'll suit you nor you, me. I hope you understand" he said in a polite manner. "what? You're not interested in marrying me?" she asked taken aback. She had been gloating all this while at her impending wedding to the mighty glorious female fantasy Rishab kundra. And now everything seemed to fall apart. Not that she loved him or anything but him rejecting her was simply not acceptable to her. "may I know why?" she asked recovering, tying her hands to her chest. "because I'm not interested obviously. I don't see my future with you" he replied nonchalant. "why is that so? What is that you find unappealing with me?" she found herself losing her cool. "you're an educated, good looking young girl hailing from a rich an prestigious family, I get that but those doesn't come under the criteria of what I expect from my wife.", "you find me good looking . everything starts from there. I believe soon you'll find me worthy enough to share your life. So there's no need of calling off the marriage" she said with a glint of hope. "you look good to my eyes but I'll only marry the one who looks good to my heart. Let me tell you this, I don't live according to my stature or luxury. I live according to my likes. My heart and mind goes in perfect sync. Neither rules over the other which has always helped me in up taking right decisions all this while making me a religious follower of my instincts. And my instincts claims that its better if we part as good friends than drowning into a failure of a marriage. So I believe this is better for both of us. I don't know what is your view on marriage but for me, marriage is a way to discover more of life every day , with someone who'd show me depths to discover . someone who's as refreshing as a zephyr."she looked at him amazed hearing his words. "But we aren't the ones suiting each other. For example You find this room of yours the most pleasing one but from the time I entered in here , all I can think of is how much time more would it take to walk out from here. It's very suffocating...." He was cut off by swetha " soulmate shipper huh? You believe in all those finding partners with the exact likes of yours?" she probed in a sarcastic drawl. " you got me wrong . there can be world of difference between me and my girl but there'll always be a link connecting us which is absent between you and me." "why don't we start talking, keep in touch and get to know each other better and then come to a conclusion? We don't need to rush anything" she tried her last straw. "I guess no. I may sound mean but sorry to say this but I wouldn't like that. I don't feel a want in me to get to know you any better. I know I would never harbor such feelings for you within me so it's a waste of try"