zephyr

“hey Rihu, the number you wrote down was wrong it seems. The owner of the number hung up saying so, when I called” Madhu informed her friend. “he did that to me too when I called. I think he’s still angry with us. i just had a talk with his daughter an hour ago. She would help us convince him. We have to give him a call at 3. Am, he goes to set the store along with his wife at that time.  She said it’s easy to converse with him at that time” rihu replied from the other end. “hmmm ok. I’ll give him a ring at 3”

2.45 am

Madhu had sneaked out of her aunt’s house and was on her way home. Mallik would be back in the morning. She knew she would’ve face mallik’s and roma’s wrath the very moment she gets to know she left home at this time of the night, without informing anyone. But she didn’t care. The weather outside was very much inviting and she just couldn’t stop herself from enjoying it. The wind was light and cool and it was slightly drizzling. The smell of the earth was just heavenly which made her want to lay and roll on the ground.

Rk was walking down the slope of the road lost in thoughts. The day hadn’t been any better. And sleep was far away from his hold. His hold on the umbrella tightened as It started raining heavily. His father was adamant on getting him settled and he couldn’t argue with that. his brain went on with many ideas to halt his father for a while, like get himself a pretend girlfriend for the time being but he rubbished off all those as they seemed clearly useless. The time he spent for finding a pretend girlfriend can be put to better use by trying to find a life partner for him. And he knew his father pretty well. He wouldn’t fall for such tricks. He did have his share of girls during collage days, which was kept well hidden from his family and teachers. For them he was an anti- woman personality. Only his friends and the girls who interested him were aware about that side of Rishab kundra. But none of them gave him a long term feeling. Those were well defined time pass for both him and them. now when he is expected to find the only one for him, he was left stranded. He was oblivious as to where to begin and where to search for.

Madhu was on a run to find shelter. On excitement to experience the pleasure of the outstanding weather, the silly woman had forgotten to take an umbrella along with her. She didn’t mind getting drenched in the rain, in fact she loved it when the water droplets trickled down her body but she wanted to safeguard her precious bag from getting wet as it contained all her necessary items and papers. Clutching it close to her tummy, cradling it like a baby in the cocoon of her arms she ran looking for a refuge, when she found the silhouette of a guy in front, walking holding an umbrella. Without thinking she ran towards him, and got to safety, beside him, under his umbrella making him halt in his tracks.

Rishab felt a gust of gentle breeze course through him, refreshing every inch of his body making him feel rejuvenated, just as she took her place beside him. “it’s raining” she precisely reminded making him realize that she needed cover. He nodded and started walking as she walked along with him. He didn’t look at her. not even for once. He didn’t know why but he felt he would be lost if his eyes meets hers. Something in him had awakened then. Madhu closed her eyes thanking god for bringing him there at the time before she got much wet.

Rishab was going through an inner war. He wanted to see the stranger and at the same time something in him was jolting up and down stopping him from doing so. Never had he felt like this for a girl before. At last he decided to watch her from the corner of his eyes and saw her praying with folded hands and closed eyes, as if she was in a temple. He was confused at her behavior. After finishing her thanks giving Madhu turned to look at him and he immediately shifted his gaze to the front. She watched him curiously as he walked without sparing her a glance nor speaking a word. Was he blind? But it didn’t seem like he was. And he hadn’t spoken a word to her. nothing at all. He had to ask something right? At least where she was heading to? Because she needed the cover from his umbrella till she reached her doorstep.