Chapter 8

Today was the day. You were going to talk to King Rhys of Sola to see if you could be a good queen and wife. You were preparing yourself. Preparing yourself to be an a**. You walked down the halls to his chambers with a bored expression. You were going to try hard to prevent him from liking you. Of course though. That was too late.

Rhys pov (i am going to write in his pov for a bit just because writing it in 3rd won't really show what he feels)

Today is the day. I get to meet my little princess. Today she will realize how happy she will be with me. But if though, she runs into that bastard. He is my obstacle to min- no F/n and I's happiness. I deal with him later. Just then, I hear a knock. My bride is here. How wonderful.

And now, no more 1st person pov

Rhys opens the door for you smiling widely. You don't return but instead walk in with no regards.

"Now what?" You say. "I was going to go to the gardens to look at the flowers but I'm stuck with you." It was true you wanted to stay in the gardens. Your favorite place. Prior to this meeting you would go at night just because.

"If it is the garden you wish to go to, then I will esxort you there F/n."

"I didn't give permission to call me by my name." That one sentence you said was like a knife in the chest for Rhys. How can his beloved allow a servant to say her name but not her. Nevertheless, he did his best to maintain composure and escorted you to the garden.

Rhys tried to make conversation with you, but you brush him off. Eventually the hour came to an end. You left without even saying goodbye.

When you arrived in your room, you wee smiling. You knew what you did was mean, but you couldn't care less. This must have put him off. It soon became night when you heard a knock. You open the door and see-

"Eremius. Your here." You smiled

"Indeed I am." He says returning the smile. "The king request that all the ladies report to the throne room. He said he had found a bride"

"About time." Finally. You were permitted to leave and explore like you intended prior.

You followed Eremius to the throne room and went to where everyone else was. Spotting Aileen, you run up to her.

"Hey F/n," she calls. "The king find a bride. I am so nervous. What if it is me?"

"If it is. I'll attend the wedding." You say, jokingly punching her arm.

"Then I'll do the same for you." She laughs returning the punch.

Rhys arrives and smile at everyone before talking.
"Good evening to you all. I would like to thank you all for arriving to Sola as potential brides, but as you know, I could only marry one. So I have made the decision. Princess F/n L/n of Aux shall be my bride.

All the girls clapped their hands and Aileen shook you arm smiling. You were shocked. How could this happen? You did everything you could to make him hate you. You saw Eremius gesturing you to go up to the throne where Rhys was. You were going to put an end to this once and for all. As you made you way towards Rhys, you saw him smiling.

He grabbed and asked you, "Your answer my princess."

"As the princess of Aux," you said smiling right at Rhys. "Refuse King Rhys Barbicane of Sola to be my husband."