Chapter Twelve

Jaehee's Pov

It was our turn to perform but we couldn't exactly focus considering our enemies were watching our every moves.

How could we perform like this?

Baekhyun couldn't get his singing right, Chen kept messing up the song and Kai kept forgetting the dance moves.

As hard as he tried to stay focus, Sehun kept forgetting the lyrics, Suho seemed distracted and D.O kept pacing around the room, I could see how anxious he was from his expressions.

Honestly, we got a lot on our minds but we couldn't mess up the performance. As a performer, it was a given that we must carry out our responsibility and perform well on stage.

"We're screwed. No one could focus right now," I heard a voice whispering in my ear. I turned my head and came in face to face with a worried Chanyeol.

"I know. What should we do?"

Chanyeol shook his head, "I don't know. I mean even with what is going on, we still have to stay focus so we wouldn't mess up our performance. To be honest, we look like a rookie group who is just about to debut on stage. We have totally lost our touched."

"That's no surprising considering how everyone is worried about the situation that we're in."

He nodded in agreement.

While I was thinking about what could we do, my eyes scanned around the room only to have them landed on Luhan who was standing against the wall with his arms crossed against his chest. His expression was serious, I mean he was always serious but today seemed different.

"Lee Jaehee shi, there's someone here who wants to see you. He said he's one of your relatives." Sooah, one of the crew member told me.

"Oh okay..." I said while drowning myself in deep thoughts.

Who could possibly be here to see me?

Without wasting anymore time, I walked out of the dressing room and went into another room specially for us to chill while waiting for our turn. It was 4 rooms away from the dressing room.

"Hello?" I peeked my head inside the room before slowly walking in and closing the door behind me. The lights were a bit dim which was pretty suspicious because earlier when Suho, D.O, Tao and I were chilling in this room, the lights were pretty much normal.

"Um, anyone here?" I called but no one responded. My breathing became heavier as I took each step carefully towards the middle of the room. Suddenly, the door shut closed and I flinched at the sound it made.

"What the?" I ran towards the door and tried to open it but it was locked from the outside. "Somebody help!" I shouted as I tried to bang the door open but to no avail.

A loud sound came from behind me and I instantly turned my whole body around as I leaned against the door, my heartbeat was pounding really hard against my chest.

The person was lingering in the shadows, showing no sign of movement whatsoever. I gulped and tried to keep myself calm. "Who are you?" I asked.

I tried asking again but the shadow did not bother to reply. Since my questions weren't going to get answered anyway, I turned around once more and tried to bang the door open for the 5th time.

Suddenly, I my whole body was frozen when I felt a presence behind me, the person was breathing very close to my neck that it sent shivers down my spine. I knew that it was the end of me, that I couldn't get out of this situation and no one would come to save me in time.

Before I knew it, something so hard hit me at the back of my head and everything went black after that.

= = =

Author's Pov

The aroma of the room woke her up instantly, the pounding in her head was hard and painful as she tried to blink away her blurry vision---it took quite a while for her to properly see her surroundings.

"What? Where the hell am I?" She said, trying to look for any sign of life but nothing  and no one was here, everything was pitched black and the only thing lighting up the room was above her; a bright light was shining down on her, she couldn't even look up without burning her eyes.

Then she felt the ropes burning in her skin, she groaned in pain, "Ugh!!"

Her legs and hands were tied up and everytime she tried to move, the ropes would burn into her skin, it was as if someone had put some kind of enchantment on the ropes. She wasn't able to move freely without hurting herself.

"You won't be able to take those ropes off," a voice resonated in the shadow, where small particles were floating in the air. He stepped into the light, a mask covered half of his face; only his eyes were visible.

"Who are you?" Said Jaehee. Even though she was terrified, she tried her best not to show it, she doesn't want to be seen as a weak person.

Exo is probably searching for her right now so the only thing she could do is buy them some time until they get here.

She opened her mouth to speak again, "Are you one of the Phantoms?"

He chuckled.

"Not exactly---I am the Phantoms' right hand," he slowly took off the mask and threw it on the floor next to him. Jaehee was finally able to see his face; pale skin, blood shot eyes, hair gelled up all the way to the back, and his fangs were poking out from the corner of his teeth.

His appearance was terrifying especially knowing that he's a bloodthirsty vampire who could pounce on her at any time---she kept a guards up in case the vampire tried to do anything.

"What do you want from me?"

He smiled and moved a little more closer to her, "Those traitors seem to think that you're important, I wonder why that is." His breath tickled her skin as he spoke near her neck, breathing down her scent. She was disgusted at him being so close to her like that, she wanted to run away or at least move her leg so she could kick him in his joints.

"Do you want to move?" He asked, purposely exhaling the last part so she could feel his breath hitting her skin---she hated it. She wanted to kill him.

Every part of her body screamed for help but she knew no one would come even if she tried to scream her lungs out. She was scared that he'd do something more than letting her feel his disgusting breath.

"These ropes are made out of Vampire's blood and only a really strong vampire can take them off."

Immediately she thought of Luhan---he's a hybrid, he possessed both the blood of a vampire and a werewolf. Surely he would be able to take these ropes off, right? Or so she thought.

Instead of mentioning Luhan, she calmed herself and glared at him. He was taken aback for a minute---he wasn't expecting to have a fighting spirit left in her especially since she's faced with a vampire.

"Why do you hate them so much?"

He pulled away and crossed him arms, his face was full of disgusts. "Why else? It's because they are traitors so they need to be punished."

"For doing what they feel is right? I mean, why can't Vampires and Werewolves co-exist together? Why must there be war?"

He stayed quiet, probably due to the fact that she said something that he never thought he'd hear; an impossible dream.

"You really don't know anything huh? Vampires and Werewolves can never live together. We are sworn enemies, do you expect us to hug and make up after a long history of resentment? A mere human like you can never understand."

And he was right. She doesn't understand. Why was it so hard for them to live amongst each other in peace? Why was war necessary?

It was something that she can never understand no matter how hard she tried to---