Chapter Thirty - Six

Jae Hee's Pov

Tao carried me bridal-style as he jumped from trees to trees.

I had my eyes shut throughout the whole ride, due to the incredibly strong wind.

When I tried to open my eyes and get a good look at Tao, I noticed the intensity of his eyes as he shoot daggers at whatever was in front of him.

It was the first time I felt terrified of him, he has never shown this side of his before and whatever triggered him to reveal this behavior really effected him so much.

What is wrong with him?

This wasn't the Tao I used to joke around with back at the dorm.

What if his intentions led him to harm Luhan?

Suddenly he looked down at me and met my gaze, he was still jumping on the trees, I felt my heart dropped for a minute.

I thought he was gonna hurt me but instead he smiled, a painful smile that I've never seen on him before.

I was angry at him for doing this but deep down I also felt pain and pity for him. It was as if he was forced to do this but I figured it was only Tao's emotions taking over him.

He couldn't control them.

Couple of minutes later, Tao landed on the ground with me still tightly gripped around his arms.

I was a bit nervous to speak but the little courage I had helped me to form words.

"Hey Tao..." I looked up at him.

He snapped out of his trance and stared me in the eye, a smile formed on his face. "Sorry Jaehee, I didn't mean for this to happen but I couldn't control myself. I had to take you away...away from Luhan hyung."

He whispered those last words which were too soft for me to hear.

"I understand, but can you please put me down?"

"Yeah! Sorry!" He quickly released me, a hint of pink blush were visible on his cheeks.

I rubbed the part he held me tightly, forcing myself to look at him but the whole situation made it harder for me to act natural around him.

Judging by his body language, he probably felt awkward around me too.

When I thought about Luhan, my blood began to boil. I could not believe Tao left Luhan back there.

"Tao.." I called.

"Huh?" He blinked his eyes as he stared at me.

"What you said back there...do you mean it?" I thought back about what Tao said to Luhan; the fact that he had feelings for me too.

"To be honest with you, I'm not quite sure myself. According to my point of view, falling in love is not really my thing."

"Then why...."

"When I started taking noticed of this feeling, it was already too late. Luhan and Chanyeol hyung had already stolen your heart."

I blushed at his words. It was true that I was more interested in Luhan and Chanyeol compared to the others but even I wasn't sure if this could be called "love".

Tao continued, "I thought to myself, why would a guy like me fall in love with a girl like you? I'd be wasting my time on liking someone as naive as you. But whenever you're around, I couldn't help it, I just want you all to myself. Maybe this is what they call lovestruck." He laughed.

"I don't understand." I shook my head as I tried to make sense of what he said.

"That's okay. You don't have to understand."

He walked closer towards me and stood a few feet away, his lips brushed against mine as I felt his breath on me.

Was I always like this around him? The beating of my heart rapidly increased. 

He then place both of his hands on my arms. His touched sent shivers down my spine.

"I just need you to know that I like you. I like you Jaehee. No, this can even be called as love." He said as he lean his face closer to mine, our lips were almost touching.

I wanted to push him away but my body stood frozen.

Kissing Tao was the last thing I wanted.

Please save me, Luhan....

"Stop!"

We quickly turned our heads to the owner of the voice, when I saw who it was I immediately felt relieved, like all the worries I had earlier suddenly washed away.

"Luhan...." I felt tears dripping down my cheeks. I hadn't realized how much I wanted to see him until now.

As if noticing my displeasure, Tao loosen his grip on me, allowing me to back away from him but his eyes never left me, that was until Luhan spoke.

"You've gone too far this time, Tao." His eyes moved from Tao's to mine, "you okay?"

I nodded with a reassuring smile, "yes."

He smiled back at me but quickly turned his attention back to Tao. "Why are you doing this to Jaehee?"

"I told you I liked her a while now."

"If you like her, you wouldn't force her to do things against her will." I noticed his knuckles trembling.

Tao looked at me and smiled, "It seems to me like she didn't mind getting kissed by me."

His words almost sent my hand flying to his cheek but I held myself back.

"Are you hallucinating? Can't you see what your actions did to her?" Luhan pointed at me.

I hadn't realized my whole body was trembling, maybe what Tao did affected me a lot more than I thought it would.

Tao looked down at me which I jumped at for being startled. I couldn't find the right words nor speak my mind, but I knew that Tao was also thinking about my feelings.

He did not show it, but he was still the Tao I spent almost a year with, so I knew he was taking my feelings into consideration.

"I hate you." His words struck me like lightning.

I widen my eyes in surprised, unable to form words. Luhan did the same too.

From the time I joined Exo, it was the first time I heard such words from Tao.

He didn't even spare us a glance but I noticed his knuckles going white.

"Tao-ah..." Luhan tried to speak but Tao cut him off immediately. "Whatever. I hate the both of you."

"Tao..." I choked on my own words.

Tao turned his back on us and ran off into the woods, he kept on running until he was no longer in sight.

"Tao!" Luhan and I shouted simultaneously.

We hurt Tao. I hurt Tao. Was there anything I could do to fix this?