23; copper

•  

"What are you doing here?" Jade confronted the unwelcome visitors.

"Where's Greg?" Freya asked, furious that Jade didn't seem to have any regret about what she and her brother had done.

Jade ignored her and looked at Jennifer who had her hair tied back into a low bun.

 "Who are you?" she asked Jennifer instead. "You aren't welcome here."

Freya didn't realise how angry she was until she felt her nails digging into her palms as she tightened her hands into fists.

"Where is Greg? What did you do to him?" Freya asked again, raising her voice this time.

"I didn't do anything to him."

Freya was about to retort but Jennifer cut in. "If you know where my son is, just tell me where he is."

Jade hesitated.

"No wonder you've survived this long," she said, turning her attention to Freya. "It's a family of freaks."

Jennifer glanced at her daughter before taking a step in Jade's direction to which Jade growled lowly in response. "Stay off our property, witch."

"I know what your pack did to my children. You're lucky your neck isn't already broken. Now, tell me where my son is before I force it out of you."

"Didn't you hear me? We don't know where Greg is and we didn't do anything to him."

Jennifer was about to reply when suddenly Murwah stepped out, followed by a few other familiar faces. Freya watched them stand beside Jade, all looking back at her and Jennifer, curiously.

"What's going on here?" Murwah asked.

Jade gritted her teeth, "Ask them."

Suddenly, there was a sound of a car swerving nearby. Freya and the others looked to the side where Tristan had parked his car and got out. He met her gaze, surprised to see her at the pack house.

Freya watched him approach them, slowly.

"Freya," he said, oblivious to the situation.

Freya grimaced at him. She remembered exactly how he had voluntarily handed her over to a bunch of homicidal witches who had tried to sacrifice her. If there was ever a part of her that thought she could trust him, it was long gone.

When she looked away, Tristan felt his heart drop instantly. He straightened up and looked at the others who were looking back at him, questioningly.

Out of the corner of her eye, Jennifer saw Billy who was moving towards them and swiftly moved her open palm in his direction.

Billy grabbed his neck, choking on air.

"Hey, hey, hey, what the hell are you doing?" Tristan shouted.

Jennifer looked at Tristan, her eyes glimmering with rage. "I believe you have my son, Alpha. I want you to bring him to me."

Billy continued to make gasping sounds, falling on his knees.

"Son?" he echoed, bewildered.

"Where is Greg, Tristan?" Freya asked, irritated that it was taking so long.

"I don't know where Greg is! Let him go," he yelled, distracted by Billy choking.

When she didn't move, Tristan started to crouch down as if he was about to transform. "Alpha, you'll regret doing that. Just give me my child and I will leave."