☙16❧

AN: What's this? Another chappie? Haha! Yes it is. It's short though. but I figured that it is how it would go in my outline. Plus, I thought that you all deserved another chappie for being so patient with my updates. 

And so the story continues....

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~

Another round of gunfire startled me out of my stupor and I flinched before looking around me at the store customers running in various directions for cover. Their screams echoed and all I was doing was standing there. The shouting from the invaders were getting closer and I was whipped around before being shoved in a particular direction. 

"Run, Thea!" 

He shoved me again so that I was forced to do as he ordered, and we both ran further into the store. I looked over my shoulder for a second to catch a glimpse of the attackers. I couldn't tell from my running how many there were, but from the number of shots fired I was estimating to about six. 

In my head, I was thinking of a possible way to get out of the store, like a back way or something. But Auric and I halted; our shoes screeching against the shiny tile when customers were screaming, crying, and running from the back part of the store. A few more of the attackers were emerging before my arm was taken hold of again. 

I yelped for a second at his forcefulness but then was dragged down behind a display. I panted, my mind reeling of how to get back to Eli. Who knew how many of these people were in the town? Which only made me want to get back to my son even more. 

Auric's gray eyes were scanning behind me and he scowled that for now we would not be able to get out. That until the gunmen stilled, we wouldn't be able to strategize anything. He was breathing hard, tilting his head a little as though trying to listen. 

"I can still hear them," he muttered. 

Oh. So I was right. 

Auric grit his teeth when he looked back at me and told me to stay put. That he was going to scope out an escape first before coming back to get me. I frowned, telling him that we could just look together, but the alpha growled; his golden eyes shimmering in warning. 

"Unless you've forgotten, Thea, that our son is at your aunt's house, and is expecting you, I'll have to remind you then." 

I lowered a brow, asking that if Eli was not expecting him as well. 

The alpha narrowed his eyes, growling through a sneer that to not worry about him. That it was just important for me to get back to Eli. 

"I have a responsibility to my son's well-being. So stay put until I come get you." Auric raised a brow, golden eyes pinning me in place. "Got it?" 

Narrowing my eyes back at him, I huffed that I wasn't a child. That he couldn't be telling me what to do. 

"Just because you're alpha now doesn't mean I'll be taking your orders, Wolf-boy!" i whispered harshly.

Auric stared at me with this deep scowl for about a minute. He slowly shook his head, turning his back to me though I could hear him grumbling, "Still God damn stubborn... Fuckin' Christ!" to which I gladly slapped his back in retort. The alpha growled at me over his shoulder while I stuck my chin up and warned him that I may not have sonic hearing as he does but I could still hear him. 

"I don't have time for this!" Auric grumbled, ordering me once more to stay put before taking off.

I swallowed, leaning my back against the display I was hiding behind. I took a deep breath, closing my eyes as I wondered why there would be hunters in the store. Or in the town to begin with. I was struggling to understand and connect what the purpose of them appearing was.