☙32❧

ღ~✹~ღ    

I think I've been sitting on the edge of my temporary bed for hours. 

My mind felt empty... but at the same time, it didn't. I honestly wasn't sure what I was supposed to feel at this precise moment. My feelings were just as on the fence as my mind was. 

Wasn't this supposed to be a happy moment? 

Wasn't I supposed to be ecstatic of the news given to me and should be celebrating it right this moment?

My hand slowly drifted upward and rested against my stomach. I continuously rubbed at it gently before looking downward. 

I was pregnant. Again. 

'I'm having another son,' I thought to myself, now holding my stomach with both hands. 

I cradled it, weakly smiling down at it while sniffling. It hadn't been noticeable, until now that I knew about the pregnancy, but there was a small bump---not too obvious---but it was there. And I just felt a tightness in my chest; unsure of whether it was good or not since my emotions were pretty much off the wall. 

A son. I was going to have another little boy to love. To share with Auric. 

Auric... 

My heart sunk at what he could possibly be going through right now. 

What was Ian doing to him? 

Why did they take him? 

What was I missing this whole time?

I sighed heavily, laying myself back to stare up at the ceiling with my hands out to the sides. The red-coloring of the ceiling was oddly soothing even though I shouldn't be soothed at all. Not when Auric was missing, probably being tortured for whatever fucking reason Ian wanted. 

My brows furrowed, narrowing my eyes at the ceiling for a moment before groaning and reaching over to snag the pillow that Eli had been napping on earlier. He was now outside with the others after having some dinner that the Alliance prepared. They were pretty comforting to us strangers, especially with what we were going through. 

It was appreciative. 

I tucked the pillow under my head to angle it so that I could see the small bump of my stomach at a better eye level. My stomach wasn't too rounded, not like it will when I was ready to pop, but I still found my fingers brace my sides and then slowly work themselves up in a slow sliding motion until I got to the top. 

Biting my lip, I pulled up my shirt a little to stare at my stomach better. It was still odd to me to know that there was a little person in there. My baby. My son. The corner of my mouth curled into a grin as I sighed, "Well you certainly are going to have something in common with your brother, my little wolf baby." 

I paused, staring at my stomach again. 

"Sigh... I'm sorry," I started, swallowing before continuing to say, "I'm sorry that you and your brother have to be born in an age of fighting." 

Tilting my head, I watched my finger trace a line from one side of my stomach bump to the other. I inhaled deeply, letting my stomach expand more and I couldn't help to laugh because I wasn't able to hold my breath that long, which relaxed it again. 

I smiled at my little bump. 

"You know, Wolf Baby... I think Daddy is going to be so happy to know about you." I nodded to myself, weakly grinning. "You'll be able to give him the chance to see you grow inside Mommy. And to see you be born."