Chapter 1

"No! Oh please doctor what has happened to her! Will she be okay? Oh please say she'll be okay!"I could hear my moms voice screaming, her voice crackling slightly almost to the point to of tears.

I felt trapped. I could hear everyone and everything going on. I assumed I'm was the hospital as Mom was speaking to the doctor. I could vaguely remember what happened, but just before 'it' happened, I blacked out. I felt unwell, but I couldn't feel my legs. My eyes wouldnt open and my breath felt heavy, so heavy. It was like my chest had a ton of bricks on it, making each breath an immense effort. A lingering smell of rubber sat in my nose and mouth, which made me feel like gagging.

Suddenly, I heard James. The doctors were telling him to go back to his bed on the ward", but I could tell he was resisting them.

"Riley! Listen to me! I'm so sorry! It is all my fault! Oh doctor will she be okay?!" I heard him shout.

It is such a weird feeling. I can hear everyone, but my body wouldn't move, I couldn't speak or open my eyes. I felt helpless.

Then, a panic arose in my chest. The words were getting smaller, quieter, further away. Things were fading, machines were screeching.

Black. Things went black. I couldn't move, or hear or see anything. It was silent, and not that nice kind of silent, an eerie, uncomfortable silence.

After a while, colour started to come back. But the things I was seeing weren't normal. This was a different world. No familiar comforts were insight, and I was suddenly feeling a horrible feeling of unease.

The Silence was horrible.

Suddenly, out jumped a girl, in a stripy red and blue playsuit, smiling at me with the biggest beaming smile in the world.

And then, for the first time in a long time, I screamed at the top of my lungs and for once, I was happy whilst I was screaming because an actual sound was coming out of my mouth. My heart was beating out of my chest and my screaming resonated through the cleering and did not stop echoing. It just went on and on and on...